Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ameriware cooking pots non-stick coating similar to tefal

Posted by healthymama (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 08 at 21:06

AMERIWARE IS MADE WITH THE SAME CHEMICALS AS TEFAL!!!!!
It is NOT as healthy as they advertise.
I just bought an Ameriware set from Costco for CND$479 as we were in the market for healthier cookware. I hadn't heard of Ameriware so I thought I'd buy it (it was their last day at Costco), do the research then open the boxes. I am so glad I did. Their pans contain well known carcinogenic chemicals... I found this information at Prevent Disease.com.
I'm taking the set I purchased back tomorrow. It's sad that Ameriware puts their profits before their customers' health.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ameriware cooking pots non-stick coating similar to tefal

Drop.

o
RE: ameriware cooking pots non-stick coating similar to tefal

Your emotional reaction to your fear of carcinogens is not in line with the facts. Prevent Disease.com does not present you will all of the facts.

Ameriware cookware has earned the NSF seal of approval. This cookware (which is made by Vollrath) has been tested and meets an internationally recognized independent testing agency's criteria for consumer safety. There are no carcinogens in this product and no carcinogens are produced when this product is used as directed.

Below is a link which explains the NSF certification process. As you will see, they have used Ameriware cookware as an example. As explained in the link, it is much cheaper to buy this cookware from a restaurant supply store than it is to buy it from Costco....same cookware but at a much better price.

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: NSF Certification

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here