Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puzzlefan

Saucepan source

puzzlefan
11 years ago

I have been getting a headache researching online stores for places that sell individual pieces. So far unless you wish to buy All Clad, Kuhn Rikon, etc nothing is available. I would like to find medium priced stainless steel saucepans but no fry pans, etc. Does anyone know of a good shopping site for this?

Comments (3)

• sushipup1
    11 years ago

I don't know about online, but TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross all have individual pieces.

And try Bed Bath and Beyond, too.

• shannonplus2
    11 years ago

Puzzlefan - one really great brand is Tramontina Triply-Clad, sold at Walmart. Don't be put off by the Wal-mart aspect. I am always astonished at the quality of the Tramontina Triply-Clad. It is highly praised by Cook's Illustrated magazine, and also other GWers. I have All-Clad too, and the Tramontina is equal in quality, and actually better ergonomically because the Tramontina handles are more comfortable.

I have the Tramontina Triply 4-qt and 3-quart saucepans, but I tend to use the 3-quart much more frequently, as the 4-qt. seems too big. When I do need a bigger pan, I pull out my 5-quart LeCreuset, so the 4-qt. saucepan just doesn't get much use. My 3-quart is used almost every day, and I am thinking about buying the 1-1/2 quart Tramontina Triply saucepan too, for re-heating a little soup and that kind of thing. Also, it cleans up beautifully with Barkeepers Friend; I've had mine several years and they still gleam.

The price can't be beat, and Walmart has a great return policy too. You typically can't find the Tramontina Triply in the store; you order it online and they will ship to your nearest store for free. If you don't like it, the return is easy.

Make sure though that you are getting the Tramontina TRIPLY. The Tramontina without "Triply" in the name isn't that good. It's like night and day. So make sure you get the Triply line.

Tramontina Triply 3-qt. Saucepan

Tramontina Triply 1-1/2 qt. Saucepan

Tramontina Triply 4-qt. Saucepan

• sushipup1
    11 years ago

I just saw some nice saucepans at Target, too. Try there as well.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!