Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sur la table tri ply stainless vs. all clad

Posted by nubeg (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 07 at 17:34

Has anyone tried the Sur la Table tri ply? I was told it compares well to All Clad, but the steel is from China. It's on sale now at Sur la Table stores and online.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sur la table tri ply stainless vs. all clad

I called them last week and was told it's on sale b/c they're coming out with a new store brand line of cookware. Also they weren't sure who made it for them, but guessed that it was anolon, or someone along those lines. I was looking for a saucepan and ended up ordering a Gourmet Standard one instead; i'll see how that is.

o

Thanks. I also happened to buy a Gourmet Standard tri ply 10 inch saute pan with lid after reading the Cook's Illustrated article that rated it a best buy. It was about $75 compared to almost $200 for All Clad. So far, I really like it.
The cookware on sale at Sur la Table looks really nice.

o

I wouldn't trust the SLT cookware. Looks really nice, but there's a reason they are so cheap. You get hot spots all over the bottom (a couple of my friends bought them and really regretted it). I'd rather spend $200 getting a really good quality pot that will last me a lifetime than spend $80 every 4 years. I use All Clad and Fissler, both excellent in quality though Fissler is a little lighter so easier to handle.

o

friend bought a sur la tab small fry pan and the handle is so heavy it tips over and will not sit flat on her smooth top stove.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here