Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Breadmaker question

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 07 at 15:42

I received a hand-me-down Williams-Sonoma bread machine. It's probably 10 years old, appears to be barely used, and has absolutely no directions. It's made in Japan, but I do not know by whom. The bottom doesn't say. Can anybody give me a basic bread machine bread recipe to use to test the machine? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Breadmaker question

Do a search on "bread machine recipies." You'll get lots of sites with all sorts of recipies. You might also do a search on the model number. Perhaps you can get the specs online. Different machines have different capacities and it's important to know what that is.

o

Okay--smeared but I think it's "WS 1094." I'll see what I can find out.

o

Give Williams Sonoma a call to find out if they have info on it. They're ususally quite helpful. They should be able to tell you who manufactured that machine for them. You can then go to that company website (or call) for further info.

o

I will be within range of a W-S in a couple of days. I'll ask then. I located a PDF manual online, but my PDF function crashes my computer. Thanks.

o

Williams-Sonoma
800-858-3277
MK Overseas Ltd.
11221 Sister Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA. 92708
714-434-1515

o

I would love to know the address for the PDF of the manual for the Williams-Sanoma Model WS 1094. Could someone please list it?

o

I need that pdf file, I have same problem and W-S was no help. Thanks.

o

This may help.

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Generic Bread Machine Manual

o

This is WAY late, probably too late to help, but I just ran across this in a web search. I have this same machine and here is my basic recipe, in case it's useful.

3 cups bread flour
10 Oz (1 1/4 cup) water
1-2 oz vegetable or olive oil
1/4 tsp salt (may omit)
2 tsp sugar (may omit)
2 tsp instant dry yeast (buy it in bulk)

You may substitute up to 1/2 cup of whole wheat or other whole grains for the bread flour. You can use more than 1/2 cup of other grains, but you'll have to use more yeast and the bread may still fall before baking.

This recipe is not the same as the one in the manual. Mine works better. ;-)

These machines were made by MK Seiko. The quality is much, much higher than the cheap $40 junk machines sold today. Very few repair parts are still available, I'm sorry to say, so treat it kindly.

o

HELP!!! I also need a manual. I contacted WS and their archives didn't have one! I can't find a PDF one on line either. Feel free to email: ozincorporated@aol.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here