Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intensecooking

Best place to buy cookware?

intensecooking
18 years ago

I normally buy my cookware from amazon.com. Is there a cheaper place to buy cookware on the internet or is amazon pretty good?

Also, I just launched my own foodie lover website - www.intensecooking.com

If you have a second, criticize my site and/or let me know how i can improve. Thanks.

Comments (7)

• sburkhart
    18 years ago

I personally love the New Executive cookware from the Pampered Chef. So I guess it would be the Pampered Chef. Yes you have to go through a consultant, but if she has a website you can order 24/7/354.

Cheaper is not always better. I value the qualities of the cookware and the company. When investing in cookware I look for piece of mind and a company that I can get a hold of. I am a huge cook and I want cookware that last a lifetime.... The Pampered Chef Executive Line was just what I am looking for. It has a lifetime guarantee, oven safe upto 400^, soft-grip handles, hard anodized aluminuim reinforced titanium alloy, Autograph 2 nonstick coating on the inside & out, dripless pouring rims, flat bottoms, and is thick gauged. Just keep you receipt so that, should a problem arise call the 888 # and talk with a live person in CS....

I haven't checked out your site yet I am going there now.....will let you know.....:)

• judy333
    15 years ago

I own one piece of the Executive cookware from Pampered Chef, and it's the BEST pan I've ever owned! (I was soooooo pleased that I just had a catalog party and was able to purchase more pans from that line for half price.)

Heat is distributed evenly and the non-stick surface is terrific. Best of all is the lifetime guarantee (if you keep your receipt!).

• sushipup1
    15 years ago

How much cookware do you normally buy? How often do you buy? I'd recommend replacing non-stick fry pans on a regular basis, and Costco has a nice set for under $20 last time I looked. Other pieces I've picked up over the years, gradually getting rid of thin old Revereware pieces for heavier items. I got a couple at a Calphalon outlet store. Another good source is the housewares sections of Marshall's or Ross, where great values turn up all the time. I bought a great stock pot on sale at Macy's.

But I don't see regularly buying cookware except to replace the non-stick pans that I use for eggs, etc.

I I guess that if money is no object, heavily promoted MLM brands are just fine. But it's not the cheaper good quality cookware that you may be looking for.

• solarpowered
    15 years ago

Yourcookware.com seems to have the best total cost for Demeyere cookware--shipping is free, and they frequently run specials with up to 25% off for certain pieces.

Instawares has been OK for me for inexpensive but good disposable non-stick frying pans. I get the Johnson Rose Crown Select frying pans there. (I should point out that for a while Instawares had a bad reputation for customer support, but I haven't had any trouble with them.) I also got a decently-priced 16 quart Johnson Rose stock pot from them. It's not as good as the Demeyere, but it's quite serviceable for my once-a-year Thanksgiving stock-making project.

• suzyq3
    15 years ago

solarpowered, I can attest to that bad customer support from Instawares. They were sneaky and rude, and we had to go to our credit company for relief and resolution. Our experience was so negative that no matter what, we will never, ever buy from them again.

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

I use Chef's Catalog Online for some things. They frequently offer free shipping specials.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chef's

• peter-a
    15 years ago

I get my favourite pieces of new individual cookware through eBay, with some advance research. Significantly cheaper than retail price. All four orders arrived in excellent shape, carefully packed. There appear to be quite a few home-based businesses that sell through eBay. Buyer-beware, because you have to rely upon an inadequate photo. But research your item, buy it "brand new first quality", and select a seller that has been in operation for some time and has a good feed-back profile.

best regards, Peter-A