Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you store Silpat?

Posted by sarahcamper (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 07 at 14:52

As I was cleaning my very often used silpats today, I was wondering how they are commonly stored. I usually roll mine up and put them back in their boxes. Any other/better ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you store Silpat?

The directions say to store either rolled or flat, so it sounds like yours are being treated quite nicely!

o

I keep mine on the baking sheet that I use it with. After the silpat dries from washing I just slide it and the sheet back into the cabinet together. I wish I had kept the box or something though... sometimes the silpat flops over and gets shoved to the back of the cabinet when I put something else in next to it. It's a tough thing to find a good clean place for!

o

I keep them rolled inside the cardboard roll from paper towels.

o

I do the same as jane d.

o

After washing and drying I put them back on the cookie sheets/jelly roll pans so they are flat

o

I roll mine up, but last weekend I was listening to Melinda Lee on her radio show. She is a master cook. She has a teaching segment each week and this one was on Silpat. She said they need to be stored flat.

Mine are still rolled up. I have to think of a way to store them. It is hard to lay them out because they tend to stick to things.

o

I roll mine up and put them back in the boxes also. The get stored in the baking drawer. Have been doing it that way for years. No problems as of yet. NancyLouise

o

Same as marigene - flat on the cookie sheets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here