Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew

Posted by ritaotay (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 8, 06 at 14:16

I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware MicroBrew... First off I'm not a coffee drinker so please don't hold that against me... lol

My sister is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and she can't survive without coffee... I bought a Farberware MicroBrew a few years ago and never used it, now I can't find the instructions... Do I just add the water and coffee and stick it in the microwave or do I heat the water first and pour it over the coffee grounds??

Looks like it'll make two small cups or one good sized mug of coffee... How much coffee do I put in? There's a little scoop that came with it..

Rita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with a Farberware MicroBrew

I have a hunch if your sister is a coffee drinker, she will know how to make it work!\
Linda C

o

Same problem as above. And I am a coffee drinker. HELP!!

o

The Farberware MicroBrew makes two "coffee" cups (eg. 2 * 6 oz.) of coffee.

Put the coffee filter section of the MicroBrew on the bottom coffee pot section, put a #2 cone filter in the basket, and add the appropriate amount of coffee.

Put the top water chamber section on top of the coffee filter section and add water up to the lip at the top section (about 1 2/3 cups).

FIRMLY place the top on the water chamber section: the gasket fit must be very tight.

Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. As the water heats, it expands and forces hot water and steam through the center cone and into the grounds, where it drips through to the bottom pot.

The Faberware MicroBrew was supposed to be a big event for Faberware back in the early 90s. That apparently was not the case. If you don't like it to make coffee, hang onto it for a couple of decades - it's bound to be a collectors' item!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here