Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Induction Chef's Pan?

Posted by royinva (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 13:16

We recently went to an induction cooktop and am very happy with the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro cookware we bought. One major problem though....

For years my favorite pan for nearly everything has been a 5 1/2 Qt. Cuisinart Chef's Pan. They are sometimes called "Everyday Pans" and All-Clad sells something similar (but smaller) called a "saucier". Cuisinart does not seem to make this pan in a model that will work with induction. It is wider at the top than the bottom and is tall than a traditional saute pan. What I love about it is how deep it is, so a regular saute pan does not measure up. Anyone know of a pan similar to this that will work with my cooktop?
Thanks much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Induction Chef's Pan?

I'm just installing a new induction cooktop in my kitchen this week! I can't wait... although I'm a bit nervous as I hope the learning curve isn't too large and I don't burn too many meals! :)

I also just bought a bunch of Cuisinart Multiclad Pro individual pieces from TJ Maxx today. I found a 5.5 quart "casserole with cover", which seems to be similar to what you are describing. If you look online, could this be the one you desire? TJ Maxx might be the place to search!

That being said, you mention you've been happy with the Multiclad Pro. I've been online most of the day today searching for comments on this line. I'll continue to hunt for All Clad, but it seems these two lines are very similar. Any experience with AC versus the Multiclad Pro?

I also bought a Palm 13" skillet w/cover as I have a 13" burner. I checked to make sure my magnet stuck, but haven't heard a word about The Palm's quality. It's 3 ply on the bottom only, I believe. Is that sufficient? Has anyone tried this brand for induction cooking?

o

I've had induction for over a year. My chef's pan is from Emerilware and it works just fine. Really like using it.

o

No experience with induction, but you might want to take a look at Williams Sonoma for an AC pan that's not in the general catalog. They call it a saute/simmer pan -- 4 quarts. The shape is similar to a sauteuse, with high, curved sides and a diameter at the top that's larger than the one on the bottom. OTOH, it offers a wider bottom than the chef's pan. Great pan -- seems to be on perpetual sale at 149 bucks, which is not cheap, but IMO worth it for a great and versatile piece with a lid.

o

Circulon Infinite line has a chef's pan. The Ciruclon Infinite line is all supposed to be induction ready. The also have a 10.5 buffet pan that sounds similar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here