Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basic cookware question

Posted by tech0010 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 12:04

My kitchen involvement is normally limited to "install the stove here and the dishwasher here", but my wife wants me to buy her cookware as a gift.

She asked for Caphalon Tri Ply stainless 13 piece set, so that's very specific and easy to buy. She also asked for a couple of nonstick frying pans.

Do the caphalon contemporary non stick omelet pans qualify for this? I found two for $50 that seem to be a good deal.

We have a smooth glass cook-top.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basic cookware question

I sure wouldn't buy a whole set of any cookware...certain pots in certain lines are not the best for everything. But some people get their kicks from having everything look the same on the shelf.
I like Meyer professionalweight for an omelette pan....or go to a cook supply store and see what they have. Be sure what you get is aluminum because it conducts heat more evenly.
If you really want to surprise her....get her a beautiful cast iron enameled Dutch Oven in a color to compliment the new kitchen. They also make nifty but expensive omelette pans as well!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: My favorite things!

o
RE: Basic cookware question

I have the 8-piece set of Calphalon Tri=Ply and have used every piece, I have even purchased other pieces and used all of them. I also have a old nonstick fry pan and several LeCreuset french oven and one of their omelet pans that is nonstick. I use all of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here