Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anolon Cookware?

Posted by ellyd (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 05 at 11:30

My mother is in the process of moving and while she was cleaning out her place, she came across a 10 1/2" Anolon Classic Stir Fry pan and gave it to me. Brand new. Never used. My mom is the type that will buy something, put it away and forget about it, so I don't know how old it is.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It's easy to hold and the food just slides around with ease. I was wondering if it would be worth getting other pieces. I'm so desperate for a 12" skillet right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anolon Cookware?

Anolon is very nice cookware. I have only one 8" pan but I like it very much. It is more non stick than my Calphalon non stick and is generally less expensive. Very good idea to get a 12" pan in Anolon, check Amazon, they had one on special a few weeks ago.

o

It's pretty good. I have a whole set that I bought on sale maybe 5 or 7 years ago. Some of the pieces are now starting to lose some of their finish and I'm replacing it with Calphalon. The one I HATE is Circulon--those darn ridges are not nice to clean! But if you have a free pan, you've got a bargain,enjoy!

o

Anolon is manufactured by Meyer Corporation. They also manufacture other brands like Circulon, Kitchen Aid, Farberware and Silver Stone.

FWIW. I have a complete set of the Anolon Titanium and am quite pleased with it...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Meyer.com

o
.....Just a follow-up thought.....

Meyer offers their products online (linked below), usually at discount. You can get very good prices if they have what you want on sale.

Note that they're currently offering an additional 20% off Anolon open stock...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: PotsAndPans.com

o

Thank you everyone for your input. I'll definitely be ordering a 12" skillet. I really like the handles on the Anolon Classic line. They're easy to grip. I don't put my skillets in the oven to bake very often so I'm not worried about melting them.

o

I have a lot of Meyer anolon cookware. My favorite pan used to be the chef's pan. After a few years of use the non-stick failed and food started to stick and burn. Meyer refused to replace it saying that burnt on food showed i had overheated it and they also claimed i had used sharp implements - both completely untrue. When i appealed they called me a liar.

Don't buy them if you intend heay use as they don't last and they won't honour the guarantee!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here