Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Non non-stick belgian waffle maker?

Posted by trant (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 9, 09 at 10:43

Anyone know of any good waffle making implementations, which are non non-stick ? I want to stay away from those controversial chemicals...

Ideally, a convenient to use automated machine but if they don't make any of them without non-stick surface then maybe I'll go for a cast iron one if can find one for belgian waffle types... know of any?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Non non-stick belgian waffle maker?

Look for a "vintage" one...mine is non-non stick...more than 20 years old, well seasoned and works very well.
But I'm not selling it!!
Linda C

o

Can you tell me what brand/model it is so I can try and look for one on ebay or something?

And how happy are you with it's operation?

thanks!

o

It's a GE...easily 25 years old....works wonderfully. It has a head adjustment from low to high, I leave it on Medium. It has a red light that indicates it's heating, when the light goes out, the iron is hot enough, pour in the batter, slowly close the lid, the light comes on and when it goes out again your waffle is done. I would check out the thrift shops.
I have another old well seasoned waffle iron that makes skinnier waffles that must date to 1930....it has lost the knob that opens it....I need to get rid of it, even though it still makes wonderful waffles.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here