Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
De Buyer and King Arthur Baker's Catalogue?

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 10:34

The winter King Arthur Catalogue contained a set of cookware, manufacturer not stated, tha looks sort of like de Buyer and sort of like CIA. It has the pouring rims I like, does not say whether it's induction-ready, and is clad SS. Does anybody know anything about it or who makes it? Have you used it? Like it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: De Buyer and King Arthur Baker's Catalogue?

kitchend--i saw these on the KA web site, i assume it's the same thing that you're talking about? Anyway, i called KA, and they gave me the number of Gourmet STandard, who told me they used to make pots for Penney's but not for the other famous names (at least that this person i talked to knew about), and the pots are made in China. Also, the knifemerchant web site had the same line for sale and at least for the saucepan i was looking at, it was not induction-compatible.

o

Take a look @ this site:
http://www.cutlerycuts.com/gourmet-standard.html

Apparently some Gourment Standard stainless steel tri ply are induction ready and some are not. This site tells you which ones are and are not.

I'm very interested in this cookware. Is there anyone out there who has tried Gourmet Standard? Also, ikitchen has a very good price on the 9 piece set. They also have a 5% off total order St. Patrick's Day coupon valid until midnite tonight.

Here is a link that might be useful: ikitchen.com and cutlerycuts.com

o

ican, i just ordered a saucepan from them. GS told me that they're phasing in the induction ready pans, so they're selling off the ones that aren't. i cook w/gas so i wasn't concerned.

o

Thank you msrevise. GS Customer Service sent me a list of induction ready cookware.

The following is a list of our Tri-Ply items and whether they are induction capable:

AS11104-YES

AS11106-THE NEW ONES WE JUST RECEIVED, THE OLD ONES ARE NOT - We have both, please indicate that you would like induction capable.

AS11107-NO

AS11108-YES

AS11109-YES

AS11110-THE NEW ONES WE JUST RECEIVED, THE OLD ONES ARE NOT - We have both, please indicate that you would like induction capable.

AS11111-NO

AS11112-NO

AS11113-NO

AS11114-YES

AS11115-YES

AS11116-YES

AS11117-YES

AS11123-NO

AS11125-NO

AS11129-YES

AS11130-YES

AS11134-YES

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here