Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grill pan for an electric glass top stove

Posted by mbobden (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 8:43

Has anyone tried the Calphalon styleware grill pan from target with a glass top electric stove? I have been looking for a good rated pan but all of them have the ridged bottoms that are not recommended for glass tops. I would love a grill pan with with a grill press as well but so far have only found the very heavy cast iron ones with flat bottoms. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grill pan for an electric glass top stove

LeCruset has a nice grill pan that has a flat bottom that would work nice on a smoothtop range. Probably Staub has one too.

o

This past year I found a cast iron grill pan (non-enameled) at TJMaxx for a great price. Decided to buy it (as my enameled non-stick cast iron pan started to shed the coating after just a year or two).

I have used my other non-enameled cast iron on my glass top, and this new grill pan works great also. It has a flat bottom (but no grill press) and I have had no trouble with it.

o

I have the Staub grill pan which I use on my induction cooktop. The shape of it (a rectangle) means only the center portion gets really hot though they also sell a smaller square shaped one. The LC one is square.

It works fine to add nice grill marks but so far, things stick to it pretty bad. I am going to try seasoning the surface by coating with oil then baking the pan for 30min and see if that helps.

Mostly I just use it as a small broiler pan which it works well for as in that application, it is pretty easy to clean up.

If I can use this one without the very tough clean up, I would use it a lot as I like the grill marks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here