Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Club cast aluminum still made?

Posted by joan41 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 22:55

I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject has been covered. I did check the cookware archives but didn't find anything. I want some heavy aluminum cookware like I grew up with. It was Club aluminum my mother has and still uses. I can't seem to find it--not new anyways, only "used" on E-bay. I'd like a matching set. Is it available? Or does it go by another name now? I haven't been looking long but can't find a single lead.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Joan C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Club cast aluminum still made?

Hello Joan
I just saw a great set of white Club Aluminum cookware on ebay. It is new old stock and even comes in the original box. The price looks great especially for a set that has never been used! I have a great set of Club pans that I inherited from my mom in the avacado color but the white set on ebay looks really gorgeous! It would really brighten up my kitchen and I know that it is the best cookware that I have ever used. I have never seen a brand new in the box set before. I hope my info helped a little in your search-ebay seems to be the place to find the best club deals ESPECIALLY if you get to be the first user of a set.
Thanks,
zelda2

o

Here's a place that sells Magnalite cast aluminum cookware. I have no idea if it's what you are looking for, but it's worth a glance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cast Aluminum cookware

o

Thanks ZELDA and MOMJ,
I started my search with magnalite because I use an electric stove(apartment)--elec induction range is OK with me, I just do utility cooking during the week and maybe something special on the week end. I'm certainly no chef. I'm looking at all kinds of stuff. I didn't see any new club aluminum pots on e-bay, are you sure? Maybe I couldn't find it.
It's fun looking but overwhelming.
Thanks again,

o

Since they are aluminum, I would expect that neither Club nor Magnalite will work with induction. "Magnalite" is a tradename, the origin of which is unclear to me, but it does not indicate that the material is magnetic.

o

Just received my e-bay Club aluminum set!! Thanks for the tip, MOMJ and Zelda. I knew it had to be out there. Just what I wanted..The old fashion thick USA pans but new. now I have to wash them up or "season" the aluminum.
In my previous post I mentioned that my stove was "inductive", it's not. It is "conductive" if anything--a plain electric stove. A member was good enough to point out that aluminum would not work well on an inductive stove. Thanks. I'm Throwing a small St Patrick's day party and making the corned beef, cabbage, etc. Can't wait to use the new Club pots and pans.

o

HI JOAN,
I AM A CLUB ALUMINUM FANATIC TOO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE BUY SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS OF ALUMINUM PANS WHEN, IF THEY WATCH EBAY, THEY CAN STILL GET THE BEST COOKARE AROUND. I HAVE A GREAT CLUB ROASTER-DUTCH OVEN-THAT CAN'T BE BEAT WHEN IT COMES TO COOKING A MEAL LIKE CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE. IT ALWAYS COMES OUT PERFECT. CLUB SEEMS TO HOLD THE HEAT MUCH BETTER THAN MOST PANS THAT I HAVE TRIED. I WILL NEVER TRADE MY CLUB FOR THE NEW SUPER EXPENSIVE BRAND NAMES. HAVE A GREAT ST PATS DAY!
ZELDA

o

Posted by solarpowered: "Magnalite" is a tradename, the origin of which is unclear to me, but it does not indicate that the material is magnetic.
++++

Magnalite is an alloy of aluminum and magnesium. They were also marketed as being "lighter" than traditional cast iron pans, and easier thus to handle. Hence the name.

o

Bud,

Thanks for the expanation! Now I've learned something.

I'd wondered if the "Magna" might refer to magnesium, but I figured that fire risk would be too great. I'm guessing then that the particular alloy they use doesn't have enough magnesium in it that it will burn?

o

Here is a Wiki on magnesium that answers that question and lots more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnesium Trivia

o

Please help me I am looking for a comlete set of cookware in Ivory and the Brand name is CLUB
at the bottom of the pans it looks like an electric stove but in the middle it had CLUB I need a set so bad my mother passed away and my sister had her stolen and it was a gift from my mother. I know it won't be the same but it will be comfort, could you email me what you have so I can see the bottom of the pan, Thank you Ronda

o

I have the club dutch oven and large fry pan which I have had for over twenty years, unfortunately I have lost the instruction/receipe book that came with them. Does anyone know where I may get a replacement.

o

Hey There

I still have a full set including griddle with temperature gauge. It consists of gold/avocado and brown pots, pans and dutch ovens including signature series omlette pan.

I need to fins a handle for medium frying-pan and some spare knobs for a few pans

Where can I get these?

Cheers

Aidan

o
How to season my Club pans

Hi!
I stumbled across this forum and hope that someone can help me out. I have had the pink Club dutch oven for many many years that my grandma had given me. This has always been my favorite piece in my kitchen to cook with and wanted a whole set of fry and sauce pans so I found a used set on ebay. From the pictures they have been used and "loved" as much as mine has been. I do want to give them a good cleaning when they arrive before using them for my family, but am wondering if I should season them as well.
Thank you,
Candice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here