Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joan41

Club cast aluminum still made?

joan41
17 years ago

I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject has been covered. I did check the cookware archives but didn't find anything. I want some heavy aluminum cookware like I grew up with. It was Club aluminum my mother has and still uses. I can't seem to find it--not new anyways, only "used" on E-bay. I'd like a matching set. Is it available? Or does it go by another name now? I haven't been looking long but can't find a single lead.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Joan C

Comments (16)

• User
    17 years ago

Here's a place that sells Magnalite cast aluminum cookware. I have no idea if it's what you are looking for, but it's worth a glance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cast Aluminum cookware

• joan41
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks ZELDA and MOMJ,
    I started my search with magnalite because I use an electric stove(apartment)--elec induction range is OK with me, I just do utility cooking during the week and maybe something special on the week end. I'm certainly no chef. I'm looking at all kinds of stuff. I didn't see any new club aluminum pots on e-bay, are you sure? Maybe I couldn't find it.
    It's fun looking but overwhelming.
    Thanks again,

• solarpowered
    17 years ago

Since they are aluminum, I would expect that neither Club nor Magnalite will work with induction. "Magnalite" is a tradename, the origin of which is unclear to me, but it does not indicate that the material is magnetic.

• joan41
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just received my e-bay Club aluminum set!! Thanks for the tip, MOMJ and Zelda. I knew it had to be out there. Just what I wanted..The old fashion thick USA pans but new. now I have to wash them up or "season" the aluminum.
    In my previous post I mentioned that my stove was "inductive", it's not. It is "conductive" if anything--a plain electric stove. A member was good enough to point out that aluminum would not work well on an inductive stove. Thanks. I'm Throwing a small St Patrick's day party and making the corned beef, cabbage, etc. Can't wait to use the new Club pots and pans.

• zelda2
    17 years ago

HI JOAN,
    I AM A CLUB ALUMINUM FANATIC TOO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE BUY SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS OF ALUMINUM PANS WHEN, IF THEY WATCH EBAY, THEY CAN STILL GET THE BEST COOKARE AROUND. I HAVE A GREAT CLUB ROASTER-DUTCH OVEN-THAT CAN'T BE BEAT WHEN IT COMES TO COOKING A MEAL LIKE CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE. IT ALWAYS COMES OUT PERFECT. CLUB SEEMS TO HOLD THE HEAT MUCH BETTER THAN MOST PANS THAT I HAVE TRIED. I WILL NEVER TRADE MY CLUB FOR THE NEW SUPER EXPENSIVE BRAND NAMES. HAVE A GREAT ST PATS DAY!
    ZELDA

• bud_wi
    17 years ago

Posted by solarpowered: "Magnalite" is a tradename, the origin of which is unclear to me, but it does not indicate that the material is magnetic.
    ++++

Magnalite is an alloy of aluminum and magnesium. They were also marketed as being "lighter" than traditional cast iron pans, and easier thus to handle. Hence the name.

• solarpowered
    17 years ago

Bud,

Thanks for the expanation! Now I've learned something.

I'd wondered if the "Magna" might refer to magnesium, but I figured that fire risk would be too great. I'm guessing then that the particular alloy they use doesn't have enough magnesium in it that it will burn?

• bud_wi
    17 years ago

Here is a Wiki on magnesium that answers that question and lots more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnesium Trivia

• Ronda57_q_com
    13 years ago

Please help me I am looking for a comlete set of cookware in Ivory and the Brand name is CLUB
    at the bottom of the pans it looks like an electric stove but in the middle it had CLUB I need a set so bad my mother passed away and my sister had her stolen and it was a gift from my mother. I know it won't be the same but it will be comfort, could you email me what you have so I can see the bottom of the pan, Thank you Ronda

• kath_myspace_co_uk
    12 years ago

I have the club dutch oven and large fry pan which I have had for over twenty years, unfortunately I have lost the instruction/receipe book that came with them. Does anyone know where I may get a replacement.

• aidan_mymusicmatrix_com
    12 years ago

Hey There

I still have a full set including griddle with temperature gauge. It consists of gold/avocado and brown pots, pans and dutch ovens including signature series omlette pan.

I need to fins a handle for medium frying-pan and some spare knobs for a few pans

Where can I get these?

Cheers

Aidan

• MrsStreeter2014
    9 years ago

Hi!
    I stumbled across this forum and hope that someone can help me out. I have had the pink Club dutch oven for many many years that my grandma had given me. This has always been my favorite piece in my kitchen to cook with and wanted a whole set of fry and sauce pans so I found a used set on ebay. From the pictures they have been used and "loved" as much as mine has been. I do want to give them a good cleaning when they arrive before using them for my family, but am wondering if I should season them as well.
    Thank you,
    Candice

• Edith Thurman
    9 years ago

My mother use to have a full set in the light blue Club, I loved then. I think she got them from my grandmother. I loved to use the small sauce pan to cook candy brittle in. Its the only thing I know of that you can heat to the candy temp it needs, but its been so long since I've done it! The only problem I ever had with them is the actual pots outlasted the handles :O I would love a full set of these love love love!

• Lisa Wansley
    3 years ago

I grew up with these pots but unfortunately my grandmother and mom discarded theirs after they were heavily used and the handles and knobs broke off.. Just found a great set on eBay and I am thrilled. In Harvest Yellow, these were in great condition. I LOVE cooking in those pots!

• HU-212665243
    3 years ago

Can these pots go in the oven at 325-350 degrees?

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals