Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tell me about griddles...

Posted by retro_rabbit (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 05 at 21:05

We'd like a large griddle. This would be used almost exclusively for pancakes and french toast.

We were thinking about a griddle to fit over 2 burners of our new Wolf stove, or possibly an electric griddle (which seems less convenient, offhand, and presents more of a storage challenge). Nonstick would be nice.

Any recommendations? We were looking at the All Clad nonstick LTD griddle, is that overkill? Would plain old cast iron be a better idea? We currently use a cast iron frypan for this purpose, but were hoping for something more easy-care.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tell me about griddles...

I use a Calphalon Pro non stick two burner griddle for the same purposes you mentioned. I used to use an electric griddle but as you mentioned, too much space and work involved. There are a few Pro pieces left on some outlet sites (googled) for about $50 as opposed to all clad for about $100. I like mine very much, heats well, cleans easily.

o

I have the same one that Mes44 has. Fits over two burners. I would recommend this one too.

Ann

o

I have the All-Clad LTD griddle that you describe. I LOVE it! The thing that I really dig about it is it's evenness. The space between the burners gets just as warm as the space directly over the burners. It's also a snap to clean. I recommend it highly.

o

GET AN ELECTRIC GRIDDLE!! I paid $30 for my Rival electric griddle (non-stick) and it is wonderful! Here are the benefits over a stove-top griddle: it heats extremely evenly (no adjusting burners necessary, it holds a ton of french toast or pancakes, and lastly, and most importantly, it frees up your stove top to cook bacon, sausage, potatoes or whatever. You can just set this on the counter and two people can easily make a huge breakfast at one time.

Also, it is portable. We have taken it with us when we rented a cottage, especially since we didn't know how reliable the stove would be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here