Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calphalon One good for eggs?

Posted by LivvysMom (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 05 at 19:51

I need a new 8" type skillet for making eggs. My previous non-stick (KitchenAid) got some sort of oil residue on it (from frying tortillas I think) and also had a funny smell when I heated it.

Anyhow, I am looking for a skillet that will last. My preschool age children love scrambled eggs so I would use this daily. Also, I do use butter in the pan before adding the eggs. Is this a good pan for this? I know it is not sold as "non-stick" but it sure looks like it is.

Other pans I've looked at are the C1 non-stick and Calphalon Contemporary non-stick. I have no idea what the difference is in these pans. If you ask me, they have way too many lines of pans and it is difficult to keep them straight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calphalon One good for eggs?

Just go to Target, ot WalMart or Marshalls or TJ Maxx and buy an 8 inch non stock pan....I like Meyers Professional, or circulon....
But be sure it is aluminum on the outside, has a "non hot" handle and has some weight.
Should cost about $20 or less and last easily 6 or 7 years....mine last longer.
Don't quibble at spending $20 on something that you will use every day and toss after a few years.....what do you pay for blue jeans?
Linda C

o

You can get the Calphalon Commercial Nonstick on Amazon - 8 and 10 inch generally for about $40. It is great stuff and is guaranteed for life.

Calphalon One Nonstick is their newest line and more expensive but also guaranteed for life and very nice.

Calphalon Contemporary is their moderate priced line and guaranteed for 10 years.

I love Calphalon

o

Regular Calphalon One is not non-stick...if you use it thinking that it will be, you will be disappointed!

o

My Scanpan is the most amazing non stick frying pan I've ever used. I no longer have to use butter when cooking eggs, and the pan practically rinses clean with lifting a sponge.

o

I got an Analon 6" fry pan for my husband to use as he loves eggs over easy and was always breaking them. It was a "try me" for about $15. I have Calphalon Pro and Commercial (their older lines) nonstick and I have to say, the Analon works better, less sticking and easier clean up. All the larger dept stores carry them as well as Amazon I believe. I got the one with a plastic type handle as opposed to the metal ones on Calphalon, and I think if kids are going to use them at all, the padded handle is better. Much less expensive than Calphalon, but better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here