Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations for 'everyday pan' please!

Posted by tmac96 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 23, 05 at 19:48

I am looking to get all new cookware soon and am planning to purchase one piece to try out first. I thought I would start out with an "everyday pan". I am looking at:

1) QVC's Cook's Essentials Stainless Steel 12" -- It is SS (obviously) and has an aluminum clad bottom. It has a nonstick interior and is oven safe to 350.

2) QVC's Cook's Essentials Technique Hard Anodized 12" -- It also has the same nonstick interior and is oven safe to 500. It is NSF certified.

3) Calphalon Commercial Anodized 12" -- Don't know much about it but have heard good things.

Any input on these? Other suggestions that are reasonably priced? (I am about to get married and can't afford too much!) Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations for 'everyday pan' please!

At Amazon.com, there are some GREAT deals on Calphalon Commercial cookware. The prices flucuate from time to time, but I've never found Calphalon so cheap. Piece by piece, I have bought all new cookware for the house and the houseboat. The Calphalon Commercial Nonstick 10" Everyday pan is FANTASTIC. Right now it's at $29.99 -- I paid $19.99. Every Friday, I check out the Friday Sale, then do a search on each of the 4 pages for Calphalon. The 12" Hard Anodized Everyday pan is nice, too, but isn't nonstick. I use it for stir frying, etc. Told my mom about the 10" pan, she bought it, now wants to get one for every bridal shower she ever attends!

o

I have a 12" non stick Calphalon "Everyday Pan" which I bought about 2 years ago and I actually use it about everyday. It is by far the number 1 pan to use to cook about anything requiring frying, browning, or sauteeing. Get one, you'll love it. Try to get a non stick as you will use it a lot for frying and browing. I second the recommendation to try Amazon first, if no luck, do a google search as there are some other good online places.

o

Here is a different opinion. I use a cast iron skillet more than anything else.

o

I love love love my Scanpan frying pan. I use it at least twice a day. I'll reach for it over my stainless pots, even for heating up soup. It cleans with just a swish. Nothing ever burns.

o

Ditto on the scanpan frying pans!!! Oven safe to 500 degrees, and you can use metal utensils. The best non-stick frying pan I've ever used.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here