Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elisamcs

Rice Cookers

elisamcs
17 years ago

I find myself the reluctant recipient of a Wolfgang Puck 10 cup rice cooker. I used it for the first time tonight and was pleasantly surprised that it actually worked.

Does anyone own one of these, or something similar, and what else can you do with it?

Comments (3)

• asolo
    17 years ago

There have been several well-populated threads about rice cookers here. Start by scrolling back to this one which references the other in one of its posts.

Rice cookers..which one? Posted by ssommerville (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 6, 07 at 18:40

• 3katz4me
    17 years ago

I only use mine for rice - I now eat alot more rice than I did before I had a rice cooker. In fact I don't think a white potato has been eaten in my house since that time - DH loves rice. Lots of times we'll have one of those Thai rice mixes for a quick side dish on week nights.

• danab_z9_la
    16 years ago

elisamcs,

Here's a rice cooker Jambalaya recipe that you might want to try.....works with any electric rice cooker.

Dan

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hitachi Shrimp Jambalaya

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 pound shrimp
    1 stick butter
    1 large onion chopped
    1 large bell pepper chopped
    2 stems celery
    1 can chicken broth ( 10 3/4 oz.)
    2 cups raw long grain rice (use rice cooker's measure cup)
    4 ounces drained sliced mushrooms
    red pepper and salt to taste.....broth is salty

Add all ingredients to Hitachi rice cooker, stir to mix, turn Hitachi on and cook covered. Stir once after mixture begins to boil. Continue cooking until the timer goes off. Wait 5 minutes then stir and then re-cover. Ready to eat in 5 more minutes.

Note: Crawfish or crab meat can be substituted for shrimp.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor