Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poll: Best cookware for electric, flat-top range

Posted by debi_2006 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 18:36

We will need to replace our worn cookware (Ultrex) and am polling what the best cookware is out there, reasonably priced (probably less than $250/$300 set. We're not gourmet cooks by any means, but I still don't want to replace this new set for many years to come. If my price limit it unreasonable for a good set, tell me.

We're getting a new Bosch ELECTRIC, SMOOTH-TOP range and I prefer cookware with a thick, outer bottom for better heating and stability on the smooth range top.

I've always had teflon, easy clean cookware, and it's worked great for me, except getting scratched over time.

Please give me your suggestions (from experience) on what your favorite cookware is and approx. price for the set.

Thanks,
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poll: Best cookware for electric, flat-top range

I bought the Members Mark set from Sams Club. It's a tri-ply construction, wonderfully flat, and some think it rivals All Clad. I've been very pleased with its performance, and would not hesitate to recommend it to you. I also have a few pieces of Le Creuset and they work very well also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here