Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Compact

Posted by ione (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 06 at 16:48

I got a Bosch compact the other day,so far I think I will like it.When making Bread what do I do when it calls for heating milk etc?I tried the recipe for french bread that came with it and it wasnt to bad.But I want to try others. My neck and arms are so bad I cant knead bread.Trust me suzy homemaker I am not.Still haven't made cookies,just a few cake mixes,meat loaf,milk shake with the blender.I hope I didnt waste money by not buying the bigger one.Any and all help I will be grateful for.Thank you,
Mary Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Compact

How is it going with your new mixer.. as for heating milk and or water for recipes I always use the microwave and then test the temp with an instant read thermometer. I let the doughs rise in the microwave as well because after heating the water, the microwave cavity is usually nice and warm, great for rising dough in. Let it rise right in the Bosch bowl in there.

o
RE: Bosch Compact

Thanks for anwering Pkguy.Still playing with my compact.Still wondering if I should have got a bigger one.I m going to drag my Magic Mill out.Got it about 14 years ago and never used it except to grind some popcorn 1 time.Any help on how much the compact will handle?I sure dont want to blow it up.Still havent used the shedder yet.Got to get a cookbook for bread.Hopefully I find one for breads made in a mixer.Atleast if I never use it for anything but Meat Loafs and Cakes I will be happy.SORTA.Have a great day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here