Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meat racks for crockpots

Posted by n2cookin (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 15:32

Does anyone have one of these? I love my crockpot, but hate everything swimming in it's own grease/fat. I've tried the tin foil ball method of sitting your food on that, but it still gets submerged. I need a meat rack for my oval crockpot. I have an oblong metal trivet on my wall for decoration (LOL) that would fit perfect, but the rubber legs won't come off! So I need another idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meat racks for crockpots

HI, I use celery sticks cut to length. Works very well.

o

Do you have a real restaurant supply store in your area? I mean a place with big ol' commercial equipment...

Because, if you do, you'll find neat little things like this (see first item pictured). They come in all shapes, sizes and heights.

o

Joe's post reminded me that I've seen cheap, round racks at a local Asian market that sells equipment as well as food. I don't remember if they had oval shapes or not but some of the round ones were small enough that 2 could be used in a roaster.

o
RE: Meat racks for crockpots-Correction

...small enough that 2 could be used in a roaster.

I meant crockpot.

o

Rival sells the racks on their website. They have the large oval with long handles, a medium round and a small round. The handles are attached to the long edges of the rack rather than the narrow ends.

I'd put the link, but don't know if that is allowed. This is my first post, and I'm not ready to get kicked off yet! :)

Also, I don't know what the *Optional Link URL* is for. ??

o

I went on their website, but could not find those. Could you advise?

o

Here's the link to the page below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crockpot Meat Rack

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here