Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BIG aluminum fry pans - 16-18'?

Posted by freelunch (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 05 at 13:35

I once saw a very large 16-18" aluminum fry pan (the common style with a blue rubber slip-on handle).

I covet such a pan but am having trouble finding one. I am near the Detroit area.

Of course I would prefer stainless but the expense would likely be prohibitive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BIG aluminum fry pans - 16-18'?

These are usually Lincolnware. You can usually find them in restaurant supply houses, and they are also available on the web. Try googling Lincolnware frying pans

o

Thanks. I have a smaller Lincoln Wearever pan.. Their website suggests that their fry pans only go up to 14". I really need something a little bigger.

o

Although this is not a frying pan, per se, this link has paella pans that go all the way up to 28". They are made in carbon steel, stainless steel, and enamel. The SS one is $76 for the 16" and $94 for the 18".

Here is a link that might be useful: BIG pans

o

Lincol Wearever do make them large, I just bought some very large ones for our church.

Your best bet is to break out the old yellow pages (remeber them!) and find a restaurant supply store nearby. That is where I go to get the big stuff (and some fun smaller stuff!)

o

One problem with those huge al skillets is warpage. Every one I ever saw in a restaurant kitchen got warped in almost no time. They still work in such a state on gas burners, but anyone with an electric top might reconsider...Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here