Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone ever use the Crockpot Cake N Bake?

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 13:30

A friend has one and has never used it. It is a metal tube like pan with a lid with holes for steam release. I had never heard of it. I guess you can bake a cake or bread in the Crockpot. Any one had success with it? Got any recipes?
Thanks.
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone ever use the Crockpot Cake N Bake?

Google crock pot bread recipes. These two are for the old fashioned 70's style Rival that you could use with a coffee can insert.

CROCK POT ZUCCHINI BREAD

2 eggs
2/3 c. vegetable oil
1 1/3 c. zucchini, peeled and grated
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts

With mixer, beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar (1/4-1/2 cup depending upon how sweet you prefer it), grated zucchini and vanilla. Combine well. Stir dry ingredients with nuts. Add to zucchini mixture. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured 2 pound coffee can or 2 quart mold.

Place in crock pot. Cover top with 8 paper towels. Cover and bake on high 3 to 4 hours. DO NOT CHECK OR REMOVE cover until last hour of baking.

PUMPKIN BREAD

1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg or 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. soda
1 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. dates, cut up

Blend oil and sugars, stir in eggs and pumpkin. Sift dry ingredients and add to above. Stir in nuts and dates. Pour butter into greased and floured 2 pound coffee can. Place can in crock pot (Rival or any tall crock pot). Cover top of can with 6-8 folded paper towels. Place lid on pot. Bake at high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. No peeking until last hour.

CONVENTIONAL OVEN: In loaf pan, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.

o

bean_counter_z4 - Thanks for the recipes. I will pass them along. I had done a search on the web and found some other recipes but wonder how well they came out. Have you used it and did the bread come out ok?
Clare

o

I don't use the crock pot much so I haven't tried them. I have a friend who used to make things like banana breads and orange nut breads and said they were very good and very moist. A think you could modify the above recipes for any fruit. If you try one, please let us know how it turns out.

o

bean_counter_z4 - thanks again. If my friend lets me borrow it, I will let you know.
Clare

o

YES! Moved into new house and my metal Bread'n Cake Bake Pan didn't move with me! It was round, metal, and had a cover with clamps. Will anybody sell me theirs? travelnblond@yahoo.com Travelnblond in NC.

o

There's a couple on eBay.

Rival

Hamilton Beach

another one

o

Yes, got a rival crock pot for a wedding present almost 30 years ago and sent off for the rack, bread n cake pan and cookbook. Been using the bread n cake pan that long and it is great! I have modified recipes and used them and everything alays comes out done, but moist and tender. I use a bisquick banana bread recipe that has cream cheese in it and love it more in the crockpot than in the oven. I like using the crock pot because your bread or cake gets done in 2 1/2 to 4 hours. Means you don't have to watch it too close. One of our favorites is upside down peach coffee cake. Recipe uses canned peaches and is truly delicious. Won't heat up the whole kitchen on hot days and batter breads come out great too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here