Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Anyone ever use the Crockpot Cake N Bake?

caflowerluver
17 years ago

A friend has one and has never used it. It is a metal tube like pan with a lid with holes for steam release. I had never heard of it. I guess you can bake a cake or bread in the Crockpot. Any one had success with it? Got any recipes?

Thanks.

Clare

Comments (10)

• caflowerluver
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bean_counter_z4 - Thanks for the recipes. I will pass them along. I had done a search on the web and found some other recipes but wonder how well they came out. Have you used it and did the bread come out ok?
    Clare

• bean_counter_z4
    17 years ago

I don't use the crock pot much so I haven't tried them. I have a friend who used to make things like banana breads and orange nut breads and said they were very good and very moist. A think you could modify the above recipes for any fruit. If you try one, please let us know how it turns out.

caflowerluver thanked bean_counter_z4
  • caflowerluver
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bean_counter_z4 - thanks again. If my friend lets me borrow it, I will let you know.
    Clare

• travelnblond
    14 years ago

YES! Moved into new house and my metal Bread'n Cake Bake Pan didn't move with me! It was round, metal, and had a cover with clamps. Will anybody sell me theirs? travelnblond@yahoo.com Travelnblond in NC.

caflowerluver thanked travelnblond
  • momj47
    14 years ago

There's a couple on eBay.

Rival

Hamilton Beach

another one

caflowerluver thanked momj47
  • kathyhvor_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Yes, got a rival crock pot for a wedding present almost 30 years ago and sent off for the rack, bread n cake pan and cookbook. Been using the bread n cake pan that long and it is great! I have modified recipes and used them and everything alays comes out done, but moist and tender. I use a bisquick banana bread recipe that has cream cheese in it and love it more in the crockpot than in the oven. I like using the crock pot because your bread or cake gets done in 2 1/2 to 4 hours. Means you don't have to watch it too close. One of our favorites is upside down peach coffee cake. Recipe uses canned peaches and is truly delicious. Won't heat up the whole kitchen on hot days and batter breads come out great too.

caflowerluver thanked kathyhvor_yahoo_com
  • Mary Watson
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I use my cake N Bake Pan ALL the time,You can bake a wonderful cake in it, 2 hrs on High for cake ( I mix the cake mix as directed, 2 cups of cake mix to the small pan. for 1-1/2 to 2 hrs on Low, you just have to check on it.

caflowerluver thanked Mary Watson
  • caflowerluver
    Original Author
    7 years ago

WOW, this is an oldie. I think I made a quick bread once in it. Don't remember how it came out.

• larrymcall
    6 years ago

I purchased a crockpot cake pan 30 years ago but did not use it until

last year. It was then I made a sugar-free cake and cornbread dressing.

The cake took 3 hours and the cornbread dressing took 5 hours...very

good results.

caflowerluver thanked larrymcall