Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tivoli Pro-Clad Stainless Cookware?

Posted by lpowmacback (lpowmacback@aol.com) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 12:08

I'd just purchased the Calphalon Tri-Ply SS 5 Qt. Saute for $179 (ouch) at BB&B... but they didn't have other pieces I wanted (8" & 12" skillets)... so I took a trip over to TJ Maxx and found some open stock Tivoli Pro-Clad SS which is very similar to the Calphalon & All-Clad (HATED All Clad's handles... and it was a tad heavier than the Calphalon too)... the only thing I could see that was different for the Tivoli was that the handles only had 2 rivets instead of Calphalon's 3... so I bought the 8" & 12" skillets...for $14.99 & $29.99 respectively... far cheaper than the Calph, All-Clad & Cuisinart (hate their handles too) (& Emeril's stuff - which doesn't have the clad all the way up is WAY TOO HEAVY!!!!!!)

Anyone have any experience with the Tivoli Pro-Clad?

Thanks!

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tivoli Pro-Clad Stainless Cookware?

I Have several Tivoli Stock pots I bought from TJ Max and I love them. They appear to be very well made and the handles stay cool. I also have All Clad and I feel they are comparible although the brushed stainless interior of the All Clad is much finer. Are your fry pans non-stick? If not, I wouldn't recommend them because that rough grade brushed stainless that's in the stock pots would make everything stick to it for frying.

o

kimba00 - no, my new Tivoli fry pans are not non-stick and have stainless interiors. As I mentioned above, I do have the Calphalon 5 qt. Saute & the Calphalon 10" Skillet and they have identical interior surfaces of the Tivoli's (8" & 12")... I suppose the interior finishes of the stock pots is different - perhaps because it is not necessary to have a smoother finish in those. I used my 12" last night and it worked pretty well... no sticking :-)

Thanks!

o

i have the large fry pan and it stained very bad and the non stick service came off i also have calphalon i bought at the same time and it is great. just a heads up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here