Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Versaware crock pot

Posted by jasper_austin (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 11:24

Anyone is considering trying the Rival Versaware crock pot? It's a crock pot with a special ceramic insert that can also be used stove top and in the oven. Sounds like a great idea, but the crock is very easy to damage. I just broke a side handle off mine and I guess the whole thing is ruined now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Versaware crock pot

I broke mine the first time I used it, while washing it. Very easy to damage. I got on the rival website--got their number and they replaced it for something like ten bucks.

When I got the new one, the lid that I still had didn't quite fit right. I called them, but they weren't very helpful this time.

I can still use the thing, but the lid doesn't quite sit right.

I wouldn't buy this crock pot again. If I could find one like my old one, I would buy another like that one. Now, I don't even remember what brand it was. It was a metal pan with a clear glass lid that sat on a "griddle" basically. Loved that crock pot!

o

Yeah, I can't see spending another $10 on the thing because it would still have those breakable handles.

o

blsdgal, I think it was a WestBend. I liked mine too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here