Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me buy cookware

Posted by jra2127 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 11, 10 at 11:10

I talked my husband into new cookware! Partially because I cook three meals a day everyday at home. Partially because he bought me the worst $70 t-fal pan set ever. Mostly because he hates helping me since I cook with all cast iron.

So I have been pre-approved for $200 and I am going to buy...gasp...a set. I cook alot and I know that I will use everything in a 10 set. I know that I want hard anodized non-stick. I know that I want tempered glass lids. I also know that I break alot of glass so I like anolons lifetime warranty against breakage of the lids.

I have it narrowed down to Emerilware, Simply Calphalon, Rachael Ray (only because they are cheaper and I am scared of getting burned by buying more expensive crap, not because of rachael ray -that would be my reason to not buy them). But I am really leaning toward Anolon advanced 10 set from amazon. I like that anolon has a 8qt stock instead of a 6qt since I do alot of canning--a little bigger yet smaller then my massive stockpot.

So, what are your thoughts? Also, I have found anolon advanced and anolon profession. What is the difference if there is any?

Thanks in advance, because this decision is as difficult as picking names for my children. (kidding).

Here is a link that might be useful: amazon anolon profession set

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me buy cookware

If you don't get any responses, go over to the cooking forum and those gals will sure give you their opinions. There a lot of great cooks over there.

o
RE: Help me buy cookware

I would go to costco see what they have. My mom bougth a hard anodized set from one of them and is very happy with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: costco set

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here