Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cuisinart combo blender/food processor

Posted by gibby3000 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 10:45

I've been looking at food processors - never had one and not sure I will really use one but there are a few times I've wanted one. I can't decide what size to get - thinking the 7 cup. I keep seeing a larger (11 cup) one at Costco that I'm tempted to get but I keep noticing this blender/food processor combo. I'm intrigued by the latter since I have a 28 year old harvest gold, partially melted blender and the food processor part is smaller and maybe a good place to start since I'm not sure I'd use a bigger one. Then if it turns out I don't use it much I'll still have a blender that will be useful.

Has anyone used this - would it be good for small food processor jobs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cuisinart combo blender/food processor

I use mine all the time as a blender. I don't use the food processor often. I don't prepare food in large batches so it's always easy enough to chop by hand.

The food processor capacity on the combo appliance is pretty small. It seems like the purpose of a food processor is supposed to "process" a lot of food quickly, so the small capacity ones miss the point. But if you're going to have a use for a small version of a food processor, this one is a good one to get because the one base unit does fine for the blender and mini food processor.

o

I just found this doing a search because mine fell apart. The bottom part of the food processor came loose and disintegrated from the motion of the cylinder. Now I have to figure out how to replace.

o

I did end up buying this and I really like it. I don't use either a blender or a food processor alot so it's great for me - one appliance that meets both needs. It works very well for my needs - no problems with it so far.

o
food processor choices

I recently decided to upgrade our aging Cuisinart CFP 5a food processor with a larger and newer model. I looked at Kitchen Aid, Magi Mix, Robot Coupe and Cuisinart. I knew I wanted a larger capacity but did not like the multi bowl concept too much. All seemed pretty much similar then I found the Cuisinart 20 cup DLC XP and the matter settled itself. It now sits proudly next to the original '70's era machine. This beast can and will handle anything you throw at it. Like the original, we are hoping that we will get 30+ years of use from it. Recently I saw a new in-the-box CFP5A on a famous auction site. I nearly bid on it but could not justify 3 processors. For anyone looking at a large processor, you may want to consider the Cuisinart.

o

gibby, I probably have the same one you do. Like you, I use neither of them very often (in fact, rarely) but wanted both when I did need it. The combination seemed like the perfect solution. Mine sets in the pantry till needed.
Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here