Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - Cleaning ss pans with copper core?

Posted by Colo_Lady (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 10:20

Since I have a newly remodeled kitchen, I didn't want to put my old pot/pan set in the new drawers. So I bought a new set from Costco, the heavy Italian stainless steel ones with the copper layer sandwiched on the bottom.

Here's the problem - I put one in the dishwasher and it tarnished the copper. (I have to use Cascade Complete in my new dw). I hate the thought of having to hand wash each and every pot/pan every time I use it. Is there a better way to do this? Advice? HELP?

I'm ready to donate them to Goodwill and get something cheap and easy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - Cleaning ss pans with copper core?

Live with the tarnished bottom or polish it with Twinkle after you take it out of the DW.
Or donate them and buy something with a copper core.....copper between stainless steel. It won't be as cheap....but you won't have to polish.
Linda C

o
RE: Help - Cleaning ss pans with copper core?

Piece of cake. Next time you are at the store by you some Bar Keepers Friend, works great.

I not suggest using it all the time, or even using the diswasher, just my 2-cents worth.

For those water stains (white stuff) just use the cheapest vinegar you can get your hands on, no effort, wipe on, rinse off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here