Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
salad saver?

Posted by madtowngal (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 10:11

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. This past weekend, I was being a bit of a bum and watching either HGTV or TLC or some show like that and saw something that really looked pretty cool. It was on a show where they were helping a couple organize their kitchen, fridge, and living room area. They had a red living room and painted the kitchen yellow if that spark a memory of the show.
Anywho, when they were organizing the fridge, they had the people put all the food stuff into plastic tupperware-esque containers. They had one container that they pointed out specifically that was for salads. It had some special vent thingie on the side. You set it depending on what you put in there and they said it could keep bagged salad good for up to three weeks. This would be really helpful to me, since I'm a single gal and hate wasting bagged salads, but I can't always finish them before they go bad.
So, if anyone has heard of the contraption, or something like it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: salad saver?

I had one....doesn't keep bagged salad fresh for up to 3 weeks, unless it has a use by date 3 weeks hence.
Youi can get the same effect by wrapping your salad in a paper towel and putting it in a plastic bag....with a lot less refigerator space used.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here