Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calphalon Enameled Cast Iron at BBB

Posted by jessyf (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 9:55

FWIW folks, three colors, dutch ovens, panini grill, lasagna pans. Link below. Got coupons?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bed Bath and Beyond Calphalon cast iron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calphalon Enameled Cast Iron at BBB

Very interesting. This would be good a good one to use a 20% discount coupon on. Next time I'm at BB&B I'll take a look.

o

Oh well. I guess Le Creuset is still the only option for enameled cast iron with a handle.

o

I saw them yesterday, they are very pretty, very heavy and very expensive, $130 for the 5 qt. round dutch oven. Even with 20% off, it will cost more than $100. Too rich for my blood. My $30 Lodge cast iron 5 qt.dutch oven will have to do.

o

oooh momj47 I paid $50 for my enameled 6 qt Lodge cast iron. Is yours enameled too?

o

No, mine's not enameled. Ikea now has red enameled cast iron cookware, too. Very heavy and very pretty. The round one is $50. They also have an oval one. I didn't get them.

I think the days when Le Crueset reigned supreme are coming to a close. Most people aren't willing to spend that much, but are more than happy to spend less for a knock-off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea cast iron cookware

o

If you insist on the Le Crueset brand, and are not in a hurry to complete your set, try checking TJMax/Homegoods/Marshalls. They always have it, and occasionally get in huge shipments from time to time. It's waaaay cheaper there than a measly 20% off.

o

There's a cookware company called Fancy Cook that sells enamel cast iron for a really good price I got a enamel cast iron 10' skillet for $28.00 which Le Crueset sells for $99 and the good thing about this company is that they have it in 10 vibrant colors, so check them out at fancycook.com and also the quality of their cookware is just as good as Le Crueset you wont be disappointed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fancy Cook Enamel Cookware

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here