Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tarabel_gw

Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless vs Twotwelve Stainless

tarabel
18 years ago

I am in the process of selecting new stainless steel cookware. I have eliminated All-Clad (don't like the handles) Wolfgang Puck (again, I don't like the handles) Emerilware (too heavy). I like the Calphalon Tri-ply and I found the TwoTwelve Stainless on the Food Network. I am going to order one pot to see what it is like. Does anyone know anything about TwoTwelve Cookware?

Comments (10)

• lady.bug
    17 years ago

I have purchesed a twotwelve set last year from HSN and I loved it it has the Eclipse (or something like that) non stick which is awesome looks great too. the only thing i didn't like with the set was that it didn't come with a pot in the in between size it had to many little once and a stock pot but nothing in the 6-8QT -size other then that i love it. HSN is no longer selling it and I am looking to buy more items. I love to cook and I cook a lot and this cookware is wonderful. My favorite were the two huge saute pans I have a family of 6 and those are perfect for us

• dnsplus6_msn_com
    14 years ago

Twotwelve is NOT quality cookware. I purchased an 8 qt. dutch oven-type pot on ebay last year, have been using it occasionaly(maybe 12 times) to make soups, etc. and never put it in the dishwasher, and the nonstick coating is peeling off- just like any cheap,old nonstick cookware. I definetly do NOT reccommend Twotwelve to anyone.

• shelcom
    14 years ago

Take a look at American Kitchen Cookware. Amazon.com. It's made in the USA.

• JSUNSHINE668_AOL_COM
    13 years ago

I ALSO PURCHASED A SET OF THE TWO-TWELVE COOKWARE SET, . I HAVE ENJOYES USEING THEM,I LOVE THE HANDLES ON BOTH SIDES OFTHE PUTS, I HAVE ARTTERITIES IN MY HANDS AND I DON'T DROP THES AS BAD AS I DO WITH OTHER , ONLY TNING IS AFTER ABOUT 4 YRS ALL OF MINE HAS STARTED PEELING , I WISH SOME ONE COULD FIND OUT IF THEY CAN BE RECOATED, IVE TRIED TO GOTO FIND INFO ON THEM BUT NO LUCK, CAN ANYONE HELP. SSUNSHINE652,,

• ntt_hou
    13 years ago

I found out that the difference in many multiple-ply cookwares is the highest temperature they can withstand. This is much due to its thickness. I don't know much about Two-Twelve cookware but I do know and own Calphalon tri-ply SS cookware. Calphalon tri-ply SS cookwares are up to 700F degree safe and their glass lids are up to 450F degree oven safe.

I also read that Tramontina tri-ply cookware withstands only up to 400F degree temperature. That could be one of the reason why Tramontina cookware are much less expensive.

With that in mind, this only matters by how you're intending to use the cookware. By that, I mean most of residential ovens only go up to 550F degree. Beyond that temperature is only found in open fire. Therefore, cookware, like Calphalon triply, that withstands up to 700F degree may or may not be of important to you.

• kcred
    13 years ago

I've never used Two-Twelve cookware, but I will say this about Calphalon Tri-Ply. It's my favorite! I reach for it over my All-Clad and Scanpan both. Great stuff and a very good value for the money!
    Best of luck with whatever you choose.

• billskat
    12 years ago

I received the entire massive set including spoons and spatulas for a housewarming gift 4 years ago. I use it everyday and cannot begin to imagine ever using anything else ever again.
    In the past I have owned sets of various high end cookware and none compare to the quality of Two-Twelve.
    If you are tired of paying outragious prices for the so called top of the line cookware only to be disappointed with it after the first few times you use it, invest in a set of Two-Twelve. You will be so very happy you did, it will be the last set of cookware you will ever own.
    This is such excellent quality, I have 4 grand daughters and 2 neices, all of which have requested I leave it to them in my will!!!

• djg1
    12 years ago

I won't say I love handles on all-clad, but they are my favorite steel pans overall and the pots are great (found the 8 quart Ltd2 at Marshalls for 99 bucks and, a few months ago, got one of the last of the 12 quart pots at Costco when they lowered their price from 200 to 100 to clear -- msrp is a bit dear on those things).

I do have two pieces of the Calphalon tri-ply and they're very good IMO -- not US made, and not perfect, but very good performance and very good value for money.

No idea about the OP's alternative brand.

• Steve J
    6 years ago

Also look at Cuisinart Multi-Clad Pro. Its not All Clad, but its reasonably priced, performs well, and the handles are comfortable.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!