Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The perfect saucier for whisked sauces (e.g. bechamel)

Posted by kltaylor (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 5:58

I know the interior has to be stainless and the sides should curve at the bottom. Any specific suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The perfect saucier for whisked sauces (e.g. bechamel)

This? Wondering if 2 1/2 quarts is too big for sauce. I generally cooking for 2-4.

o

kltaylor, Calphalon is currently running a sale at all the usual suspects' on their 21/2 qt stainless triply(like All-clad) for about $20. It's a great pan for the money...Jackie

o

You really need to size the saucier to the amount of sauce you're going to make.

I've found that if you use too big a pan with too little sauce you can end up with real consistency problems.

o

I use ALl Clad and love them, and yes size matters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here