Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Le Creuset UK vs USA; Matte Black vs Satin Black

Posted by DJL1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 5:34

I'm trying to find info and have been largely unsuccessful. First, Le Creuset UK offers the really cool frying pans which are round and have the long handles (phenolic black, nowadays, instead of wood) just as a regular frying pan, while LC USA only offers the "Heritage Edition" with the wooden handles. I'm wanting to know the differences in these pans? One difference I noticed is the USA fry pans of this nature have the matte black interior finish and the UK have the satin black. Is one better than the other? Also, what are the differences in size, weight, design, etc? The Heritage Edition pans from the LC USA site say they are designed based on the old original design. And finally, where can you find the UK ones in the USA?

Also, a really important question I'd like answered is where to find replacement handles for these skillets (either wood or phenolic, doesn't matter) in the USA? The only ones I've found are in the UK, except a couple phenols on eBay for a ridiculous FIFTY something dollars.

Any LC buffs out there care to share your knowledge? This is driving me crazy not being able to find an affordable replacement handle for my LC frying pan.

DJL1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Le Creuset UK vs USA; Matte Black vs Satin Black

You could try calling this place. I believe LC must be imported through the port of Charleston because their warehouse is in a nearby community. There is also an outlet store there that is a bit larger than your typical LC outlets.
Yemassee Center
30 Lane St.
Yemassee, SC 29945
(843) 589-6650
Monday - Friday: 9 - 6
Saturday: 8 - 6
Sunday: 10 - 6

o

Deleted for mysterious Twilight Zone duplicate post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Creuset link

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 17:32

o

You could try the "Contact us" link at Le Creuset.

"For questions about this website, the products offered on this website, or other topics related to Le Creuset, please contact our Consumer Services department toll-free at 1-877-418-5547, or email us at Consumer-Services@LeCreuset.com. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST (excluding national holidays).

For press inquiries, contact Coaction Public Relations at 212-268-5078, or email colleen@coactionpr.com."

I shlepped flame colored Le Creuset back from Paris thirty-eight years ago, and I noticed a defect in the interior enamel of one oval French oven last week. If I send it in and it is replaced, I will no longer have my beloved first piece. Perhaps I should just retire it. ;< (

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Creuset link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here