Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Le Creuset Omelette or Fry Pan

Posted by chitownfifi (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 05 at 1:22

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a LC omelette or fry pan. My main purpose would be cooking eggs and omelettes. I have a cheap-o nonstick that is on its last leg and needs to be tossed. Does anyone have any experience cooking eggs in the LC? Do you use any oil/butter? Also, would you recommend the omelette or the fry pan? I like that the fry pan has the helper handle...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Le Creuset Omelette or Fry Pan

I have a 7" or 8" Le Creuset frying pan that I have used for eggs in the past -- typically when my T-Fal is dirty and I haven't had the chance to wash it yet. It does a fine job, if slow (because you're heating up all that cast iron). I use a little butter, more for flavor than any need to lubricate the pan.

My choice of your choices would be c. None of the above. Cast iron is good for things which either need to par-cook at very high temperatures (searing, etc.) or for long periods of time. Eggs meet neither criterion, so you're waiting to heat up a pan that really won't cook the food any better than a "lightweight." And I don't like the idea of heating up a non-stick pan to the temperatures required for searing. So I'd vote for another cheap-o non-stick for eggs unless you prepare them only rarely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here