Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range Craft skillet sold by Sears

Posted by foreveralways (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 17, 09 at 23:34

I bought a small heavy duty skillet recently at a yard sale. The bottom of the skillet reads 391-5070 Range Craft Made in Korea Sold by Sears Roebuck & Co. Chicago, Illinois 606read 84. I have been trying to research this cookware but the only reference I find is from another member of this forum who posted a similar thread 2 years ago. Can anyone shed some light on the origin/value of this cookware?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range Craft skillet sold by Sears

I'm sorry I have no direct information but I am sure it's not a lot of value. It's likely some of that Korean stainless that sears bought a batch of.

o

If its the one I have, purchased over 20 years ago at Sears by Range Craft... you have the find of the century! These pots were designed with stay cool handles and heat dispersal like a cast iron skillet! You get it up to heat, then turn it way low to conserve heat. Wonderful set that I simply can't find more of!!
the value back then was comparable to other fine cookware... can't remember though

o

I just noticed these trying to locate replacement handles for my set. The model number of the set is: 391.5070 and I to purchased my complete set over 20 years ago. The cookware is "wonderful" but I'm having difficulties getting new handles for them. I'm hoping to maybe find someone that could even make them, as the cookware is still looking new. It was the best $99.00 I'd spent back then for a 9 piece set. Today, from what I've seen in Bed Bath and Beyond stores, about $299.00

o

I bought the set so did my mom 20yrs and something ago. 391-5070. we have all the pieces.Its a beautiful set.All handles are attached. home phone 205 923-3679 or 205 965-6140.

o

I bought my set in 1986 from Sears. The set looks great but the handles and knobs are beginning to show wear. Want them to stay looking new with new handles. So, do you buy handles that are as much as the pots were in 1986.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here