Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foreveralways_gw

Range Craft skillet sold by Sears

foreveralways
15 years ago

I bought a small heavy duty skillet recently at a yard sale. The bottom of the skillet reads 391-5070 Range Craft Made in Korea Sold by Sears Roebuck & Co. Chicago, Illinois 606read 84. I have been trying to research this cookware but the only reference I find is from another member of this forum who posted a similar thread 2 years ago. Can anyone shed some light on the origin/value of this cookware?

Comments (16)

• lindac
    15 years ago

I'm sorry I have no direct information but I am sure it's not a lot of value. It's likely some of that Korean stainless that sears bought a batch of.

• fairynuff
    14 years ago

If its the one I have, purchased over 20 years ago at Sears by Range Craft... you have the find of the century! These pots were designed with stay cool handles and heat dispersal like a cast iron skillet! You get it up to heat, then turn it way low to conserve heat. Wonderful set that I simply can't find more of!!
    the value back then was comparable to other fine cookware... can't remember though

• raggit101_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I just noticed these trying to locate replacement handles for my set. The model number of the set is: 391.5070 and I to purchased my complete set over 20 years ago. The cookware is "wonderful" but I'm having difficulties getting new handles for them. I'm hoping to maybe find someone that could even make them, as the cookware is still looking new. It was the best $99.00 I'd spent back then for a 9 piece set. Today, from what I've seen in Bed Bath and Beyond stores, about $299.00

• joankersh59_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I bought the set so did my mom 20yrs and something ago. 391-5070. we have all the pieces.Its a beautiful set.All handles are attached. home phone 205 923-3679 or 205 965-6140.

• raine58
    12 years ago

I bought my set in 1986 from Sears. The set looks great but the handles and knobs are beginning to show wear. Want them to stay looking new with new handles. So, do you buy handles that are as much as the pots were in 1986.

• Gordon Maxson
    7 years ago

My wife and I purchased a set that consisted of about 7 or 8 pieces of Range Craft with the number 391 5070 around 30 or 20 years ago, The bottom print says it was made for Sears Roebuck. It is still in brand new condition and the best cook ware I have ever owned, just not a non stick variety. The handles on two pots and the large 10 inch skillet are broken or destroyed and cannot find any to replace them. I have noticed photo's of different sets with the same numbers with brown or black handles. Mine are black. The cookware has a 1/4 or 1/3 inch bottom and had a lifetime guarantee but it is not covered any longer. They have never been placed in the oven for cooking so it's not a matter of the heat weakening the strength of the handles any information on the handles would be appreciated.

• HU-142217501
    5 years ago

I bought my set of Range Craft cook ware 391-5070 60684 in 1975 and use them every day since. I LOVE THEM !

• HU-127591616
    4 years ago

My mother bought my wife & I a set of the Range Craft pots & pans in 1986 (3925051). We use them daily, they've taken a lot of wear and tear. The 2-quart sauce pan finally gave up the other day. It buckles/buldges when heat is applied, but the other items in the set still holding on.

• HU-574631939
    4 years ago

I have two pots i will sale if anyone is interested. Zholjes@yahoo.

• HU-75286307
    4 years ago

My husband’s uncle and aunt bought us a set Range Craft (3925051) pots and pans for our wedding in 1985. We have used them every day and love them. About five years ago I noticed the handles started to take a toll, so I stopped cleaning them in the dishwasher and oiled the handles. They are in the best shape. Throughout the past ten years, I have told them what a great gift.

• Zann Carter
    3 years ago

We bought a set of stainless steel Range Craft cookware from Sears in 1985 when we got married and it is still going strong (as are we), although somewhere along the way, the 2 quart saucepan disappeared. The other day I allowed my cacao tea to boil down and seriously burn in the smallest saucepan. What a dreadful mess! I am slowly, but surely managing to clean it up and my husband just asked why I was expendingso much energy on it. I told him I could never find another pot as good and I will keep working until it's usable again! I would love to find a 2 quart pot to replace the one we're missing.

• HU-588844912
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I purchased a 1 1/2 quart sauce pan at goodwill and it has been my to go to for everything I want to buy a frypan but from all the comments I will not be able to find one. Does anyone know of something that may come close to this one.

• HU-683877805
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have

4 lidded pieces and 1 10" frying pan for sale. Please contact me if you're interested 508-415-6121.

1qt lidded sauce pan-#60684 Korea

2qt lidded sauce pan-#60684 Korea

5qt lidded pan-#60684 Korea

10" frying pan-#60684 Korea

11" lidded frying saute pan-#541.5055-Belgium

• Dan W
    2 years ago

I have a set of Range Craft pots and pans, great set. The Winware Stainless Steel restaurant quality pans are close in function and style.

• HU-875056753
    last month

I have this cook wear my husband and i Bought it when my son was 10 years old he will be 48 this year. We Purchase the set from sears. i still have it and still use it every day. i still love it and will have it and use it for the rest of my life. It was expensive and my huband said, honey you get what you pay for this will probably last us the rest

our life and he was right😇

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths