Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Kitchen Aid Mixer do you recommend? or other brand?

Posted by ejbrymom (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 21:20

I want one that I can add ingredients to while mixing (preferably withOUT an ingredient ramp (or whatever it is called :)
I would like it to fit in a lower cabinet and then raise it onto the counter when I need to manually.
I would like it to possibly fit on the counter under the upper cabinets when it will be used often (holiday time).
I look at the multitude of models on various websites and my head spins.
What KitchenAid mixer or other brand to you recommend for me?
I will be primarly making cookies and bread (my son is Gluten Free) so I do tend to bake a lot for our family. We only have a family of 4. I currently use a 12 yr old Black and Decker hand mixer that is beginning to smell (motor frying) when I make thick cookies (oats). I need to upgrade.
Thank you so much for you help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Kitchen Aid Mixer do you recommend? or other brand?

Check out the Cooking forum, it is way more active with experienced cooks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

o
RE: What Kitchen Aid Mixer do you recommend? or other brand?

KitchenAid has a discussions forum on facebook. From what I've read, if you are going to make bread in a KA mixer, you really need to get a heavy duty Pro model. They are now making the motor without plastic parts on the more expensive models. I do agree that the cooking forum is much more active to get lots of answers about this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here