Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tupperware Super Modular Mates alternatives

Posted by monkeyk (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 08 at 20:49

So I got some Super Ovals Tupperware Modular Mates for Christmas. I really wanted them because they were cabinet depth and narrow enough to grab with one hand off of the top shelf (where I keep four and sugar). Plus I would be able to stack them! Such grand visions of a neatly organized cabinet!

I was surprised when I got them that they are not wide enough to accommodate a one cup measure (at least the ovals are), which makes them close to useless for storing flour.

Has anyone else run into this and found a suitable alternative?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tupperware Super Modular Mates alternatives

I like the food storage containers by Lock and Lock. They have lots of shapes and sizes, and the tops lock down tight, so nothing gets in or out.

You can get it at Walmart and now our local grocery store has a big display with lots of sizes.

I have a set that sits on a lazy susan with a drawer underneath with all the tops, the containers stack, it's very convenient. I also have a lot of other different sizes. I use them almost every day taking my lunch to work.

o

Well to correctly measure flour you should use a spoon to lightly scoop flour out of its container into a measuring cup.Then with the cup slightly overflowing you level it with a knife or spatula. Just scooping with a measuring cup is a pretty inaccurate way to measure. So the narrowness of the container becomes a non-issue.

o

Actually, to correctly measure you should use a scale.

;-)

o

So true Joe.

o

I stuck with the tupperware and got these
http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-International-Magnetic-Measuring-Cups/dp/B000X5SDB0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1239074010&sr=1-6

I use a spatula to stir/loosen the flour, put the 1 cup in and use the spatula to heap it in to the cup, rest the spatula on the top of the tupperware and scrape the cup under the spatula to level, excess flour falls back into the tupperware.

I'm looking at one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/TUPPERWARE-Modular-Mates-Canister-FLAT-SCOOP-Fireworks_W0QQitemZ230237986541QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230237986541&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

hope this helps

o

I realize this is a very late answer, but I found a solution to your problem. I bought a different brand one cup measure that fits into the containers. The other tupperware measuring cups do fit into the super modular mates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here