Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Le Creuset Clearance!!! (And Tramontina impressions)

Posted by shear_stupidity (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 18:46

Gah! I picked up some bakeware for 75% off of the "already low" Marshall's price yesterday! I can't wait to use it! People, check your local Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc... Also, I bought the Tramontina (WalMart) 6 qt dutch oven, and their Mulit-Cooker yesterday. Returned the Mulit-Cooker today because it had MULTIPLE flaws. The bottom had "chips" missing... as though gouged with a hammer... though no other signs of use, the handle on the steamer basket was cock-eyed, etc. When I got home, I realized that the dutch oven has "drip marks" where the enamel "bled," and there are two white spots on the red pot where there's no enamel at all. Not worth it, IMO. I'd rather pay once and have it forever than waste my time and money trying to use this sub-par stuff. Just my opinion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Le Creuset Clearance!!! (And Tramontina impressions)

That's a great price on Le Creuset, congrats !

AVOID WALMART. shop local.

We are losing many cookware stores. I like to handle cookware before buying. I have bought colanders and electrics from an online store but prefer to buy from a actual shop for all other kitchenware. I like browsing and talking to the clerks about quality. I need to lift what I buy.

walmart does not pride itself on quality, it is a CORPORATE FEEDLOT, that's why the trolleys are so big. And if you fill them up you'll get big too. It promotes excess, quantity over quality.
just my .02 cents. walmart will eventually be bulldozed, just like the malls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here