Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HQ stockpot?

Posted by coyote2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 18:42

Where can I find good quality very large pots for the stovetop?

My local Smart & Final has plenty that are huge enough for me (even a 100qt one), but they all seem too thin-bottomed for good temperature distribution. And aluminum, which isn't ideal IIRC.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HQ stockpot?

How big are we talking? I know Walmart has a wonderful line of pots called Tramotina tri-clad, but the biggest one I think is 22 qt for $79.99. I know Walmart you ask? I have a Bluestar and so far so good. Scroll down there is a thread on these pots.

o
RE: HQ stockpot?

I was hoping for double or triple the size of my current 18 quart one. But it turns out that as the get bigger they get wider than my stove will allow (a raised enamel edge which research tells me will be harmed by the heat is only far enough from the burners to safely allow a 12" wide pot).

I took width measurements at my local restaurant supply stores (which had pots up to 80 quarts). I see even bigger ones at these links:
http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/stock-pots-stainless-steel/c30952_30230-151.aspx
http://www.kitchenfantasy.com/shopping_cart/stockpots.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here