Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My strange Kitchenaid mixer question....

Posted by momto1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 5, 06 at 18:13

O.K., many years ago I bought a Kitchenaid mixer at a resale shop. It was white (of course) with a glass bowl. It's been in great working order for many years now but this past year has started to fall apart, so dh bought me a red Artisan model for Christmas (yah!) It came with a stainless bowl, but my glass bowl also fits my new one. Would you keep the glass bowl, or give it away (to Salvation Army) with the rest of the older unit? I think the glass bowl is very cool looking just because it's so old, but am wondering if there is a real reason (cooking wise) to use the glass bowl instead of the stainless. Not all the time, but is it sometimes better to beat in a glass bowl instead of stainless?
Thanks for the help.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My strange Kitchenaid mixer question....

Keep the glass bowl, you'll find you need two bowls more often than you realize, right now.

If the old mixer is falling apart, just throw it in the trash, they can't fix it, and it cost them money to dispose of all the junk they get.

Enjoy

o

One can never have to many quality mixing bowls in the kitchen! Keep it....

Or, if it's REALLY old...sell it on E-bay as "vintage" KA. Won't matter if it's not working right...somebody will buy it for a retro decorating look.

o

I'd keep it! I can't tell you how many times I wished I had a second bowl when I'm using my Kitchenaid mixer!! : )

o

I want a second bowl everytime I make a cake with frosting. The cake batter bowl and beaters are in the dishwasher and I have to handwash it for the icing.
Or when a cake requires beaten eggwhites, a second bowl would be very handy.

o

Thanks everyone,
O.K, you've convinced me, I'll keep it!!!!

o

Yes, and keep the mixer also!

My Hobart repair shop still repairs those old beauties. You should try your nearest Hobart shop. They are the ones who built your old mixer.

o

Hey there, my mum has a old Kitchenaid Mixmaster and has always wanted to find a replacement bowl. If you'd be interested in selling it I'd love to buy it for her- it would make her day!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here