Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Registry Help!

Posted by chitownfifi (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 9, 05 at 17:20

Hello,

I am putting together my wedding registry and I need a litle help on my sizing. Like many others, the sets just didn't have what I think I'll need. I never cook less than four servings and as the years go on, I plan on doing a lot of entertaining (my mom passed away in 2004 at only 51 and as the only child, I will be taking this over...I have a big Italian extended family). Anyway, here is what I am thinking so far. I'd also like to know if this seems comprehensive...and by the way, I am not averse to heavy cookware. Lastly, I am getting rid of all of the junk I own now (brutal hand-me-downs) besides one loaf pan.

So here it is thus far...what advice would you give your daughter???

All-Clad 6 qt SS saute pan with lid
All-Clad 4 qt SS sauce pan with lid
All-Clad Non-Stick 12" frying pan
All-Clad SS Large Roaster with Rack & Lifters
All-Clad SS Lasagna Pan
All-Clad 12 qt SS Multipot with pasta & steamer insert
Le Creuset Double-Sided Grill & Griddle (spans 2 burners)
Le Creuset Oval Oven 9 1/2 qt
Le Creuset Wok (or might go with a cheap carbon steel)
Kuhn Rikon 8 qt Pressure Cooker

I think I am ok with what I chose for bakeware...

Thanks in advance!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Registry Help!

Get a cheap carbon wok. I own the Le Creuset and it takes for ever to get hot enough for use. Also, you don't need the All Clad pasta pot. A cheap one will work just as well.

I personally like the All Clad bakeware because they don't have rolled edges. The flat edges are great for me because all my rolled edge pans have rusted under the edge.

Good luck!

o

I would add the steamer and double-boiler inserts for the 4qt saucepan, and probably a 3qt saucepan as well. There are times when a smaller saucepan is useful for big meals -- gravy, sauces etc. And those smaller steamer inserts can't be beat for steaming veggies. You don't need All-Clad for this -- it's overkill for a steamer IMO -- but if storage is a premium it's nice to have them fit in your other saucepans.

I agree with the previous poster about the pasta pot and wok.

Also, have you lifted the LeCreuset 9.5 qt dutch oven? I ask this because I'm looking for cookware, have virtually identical requirements to yours, and I was shocked. I'm definitely not adverse to heavy cookware but I'm not sure I could lift that when filled with a stew. You might want two smaller dutch ovens instead.

o

If weight is not an issue, you might want to consider a Le Creuset lasagne pan (be sure to specify that it must be the iron one, not the ceramic ones they also make). We have lots of AC SS and Le Creuset and for lasagne, I much prefer the LC, since it keeps the food hot forever, unlike the AC. Just a thought.

Good luck!

L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here