Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

blender... full size or stick?

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

Okay... I just got my first apartment and while I LOVE kitchen gadgets space is limited. I already have a great Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I love. Got it for 30 bucks when I was 16 (23 now!) after my antique Mixmaster gave up the ghost. It works flawlessly and I leave it out on the counter because I enjoy the looks. It is the kind without the bowl lift, and just basic white, but serves me well. And, I have a La Moulnex food processor that my grandmother gave me years ago. It has the standard blade, and the shredding/slicing disk. Question is, do I NEED a blender and if so, what kind should I buy. I tried to do some liquid (milkshake I believe) in the food processor and it was spewing out the top. I am sure I need a blender, for soups, shakes and the like. Maybe not a full size one because of the other two appliances I already have. If I get a full sized blender, I would want a nice metal one with a glass jar that I could leave out all the time for looks, though I may not use it much. Since counter/cabinet space is limited do you think a stick blender would work well for me? Things like shakes, soups, and CRUSHING ICE every once in a while. Also, making crumbs from homemade bread. Can I get by with that, or should I really invest in a full size? What are the limitations of a stick? I would want a quality one with a metal shaft and blade guard and a variable speed motor. I want as little plastic as possible, since I really hate modern and cheap stuff. Are there any that also have attachments? I have once used a plastic Braun with a simple on/off switch.. bad quality but neat idea. What would you recommend? And, thanks!

Comments (5)