Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmw0829

Kuhn Rikon Duroply Cookware

cmw0829
18 years ago

I see a lot of info on their pressure cookers, but no consumer reviews for this stainless cookware.

Does anyone use this and would you mind sharing your opinions about it?

TIA

Comments (3)

• mercedes_stewart
    18 years ago

Two years ago (maybe three?) I went to a gourmet event in San Francisco and Kuhn Rikon was introducing the Duroply line. I fell in love with it! Probably the best quality cookware ever made. I wanted to buy the entire line but I already had excellent cookware at home so I only bought one of their casseroles and a sauteuse which I love and use often. The handles are perfect (both loop and long ones), the pots are, I'd say, medium weight. No rivets, very smooth. Lids fit perfectly. It even has measuring marks on the inside of the walls.

I also own their 7 l. Duromatic pressure cooker. I could spend the whole afternoon talking about this pressure cooker. EVERYBODY should own one! LOL.

Are you thinking of buying a Duroply set? Who's carrying KR in your area?

• cmw0829
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mercedes, thank you for your reply. Yes, I'm considering the set, but no one in my area carries it in the store. Every local dealer (Boston area and south of Boston) can order it but I really would like to see before purchasing. However, I will say that your comments make me more confident.

I do think I might consider the All Clad instead because I'll be able to buy pieces locally. Regardless of the decision, over the past day I've decided to buy individual pieces rather than a set because every set of anything has pieces that I will use very little. All Clad would be more available to me for piece by piece purchase and hopefully be able to take advantage of discounts. Such a big decision. I am in love with the Kuhn Rikon no rivets!

• mercedes_stewart
    18 years ago

You are welcome, cmw.

I just don't understand why it is so difficult to find KR cookware here; I live in the Boston area, as well. In my case it doesn't matter much because I been using it for a while and know how good it is, but most people don't even know that KR makes superb SS cookware.

All Clad... Great quality but those V handles are horribly uncomfortable, especially when handling the larger pans - and I don't have small hands.

If you aren't in a rush, consider ordering a single KR pan from a local dealer to try (which you can return, of course) though you'll most likely fall in love with it.

Yes, buying individual pieces makes sense.

Good luck!