Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 4-slice toaster

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 16, 06 at 15:38

I am looking for a 4-slice toaster that is not too big and clunky. My other requirements are that the slots are wide enough for bagels, toasts rather quickly and toasts according to the setting I put it on.

I saw a Kitchen-Aid at Costco this weekend but it looked too large for my counter. I prefer toasters to toaster ovens and now have a 2-slice toaster that is very slow and even if I don't change the setting, I can never be sure how the toast will turn out. It also has defrost and reheat settings but I never use those.

Are there any brands that you can recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 4-slice toaster

dont go with a krups, i just tried one saturday , it was really bad and i took it back

o

I have a Cuisinart that I like a lot. There are only two slots (wide enough for bagels), but each slot holds two pieces of bread. So the unit is not chunky wide, but rather longer than usual. It toasts to my specifications with no problems.

o

I also have a cuisinart with 2 long slots. It's long but I like it because you can toast those large sour dough slices or 2-4 regular slices of bread. Also good for bagels, etc. It doesn't seem too bulky and it stays cool on the outside. Got it pretty cheap at Costco a couple of years ago. I can't say it's super fast but at least you can do 4 slices at once.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here