Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldsilver_gw

Swiss Diamond Cookware

oldsilver
17 years ago

I haven't posted here before. I've been a lurker for some time though. I was at a kitchen shop yesterday looking at, what else, cookware. They had a large selection of Swiss Diamond brand. It's not been discussed here that I can find. I found it very substantial, comfortable in the handles and they have some great sizes that would interest me, including an oval saute pan. We saute whole fish frequently and I think this would be great for that. Have any of you used Swiss Diamond kettles?

Comments (8)

• glycera
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I've been using Swiss Diamond frying pans for about four years and love them. They handle well and heat up well, but the two best features as far as I'm concerned are their glass covers with adjustable vents, and their dishwasherability.

---Margaret

• oldsilver
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Is there any scratching? Does the finish ever peel or is it part of the actual pan? I worry about teflon like finishes and cancer.

• glycera
    17 years ago

Yes, there is scratching. Here's a picture of the 11.5 inch fry pan, which has been in use for at least four years; behind it is my brand new 13 inch pan, and you can see the difference in the finish. But there is absolutely no sign of any peeling or separation, and no decrease in non-stickiness. I share your worry about teflon finishes, and I'm pretty sure these pans have something like teflon in addition to the diamond dust, but I never subject the pans to very high heat and figure that among all the potential dangers to my health, this is a relatively low risk.

---Margaret

{{gwi:1467604}}

RE: Swiss Diamond Cookware

Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks much better than my teflon saute pan that is about the same age as yours. I think I will try a piece. Do you think it will hold up to the heat produced by a Bluestar range? I never thought I would have to be concerned about things like this ;-D The days of reaching for any old pan must be gone along with the apron!

I have a BlueStar with two 22K burners --- no problems.

---Margaret

Here's a link that explains about swiss diamond and teflon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swiss Diamond faqs

"Here's a link that explains about swiss diamond and teflon."

Wow. That was seriously weasel-worded marketing half-truths. Let's try a more truthful answer to the question, "Does Swiss Diamond surface contain 'TEFLON'?":

"As any reasonable person would view the situation, yes, absolutely we use teflon. However, from a legal point of view, only teflon made by Dupont is allowed to be called 'Teflon', because that word is a registered trademark of Dupont. The nonstick surface on our pans is just the same, though, except for the name and the diamonds we add."

i came across this article when i was looking at swiss diamond online:

http://www.newstarget.com/021059.html

Post a Follow-Up
    Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link: Return to the Cookware Forum

• oldsilver
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks much better than my teflon saute pan that is about the same age as yours. I think I will try a piece. Do you think it will hold up to the heat produced by a Bluestar range? I never thought I would have to be concerned about things like this ;-D The days of reaching for any old pan must be gone along with the apron!

• glycera
    17 years ago

I have a BlueStar with two 22K burners --- no problems.

---Margaret

Here is a link that might be useful: Swiss Diamond faqs

• browneyedgrrl
    17 years ago

Here's a link that explains about swiss diamond and teflon.

• solarpowered
    17 years ago

"Here's a link that explains about swiss diamond and teflon."

Wow. That was seriously weasel-worded marketing half-truths. Let's try a more truthful answer to the question, "Does Swiss Diamond surface contain 'TEFLON'?":

"As any reasonable person would view the situation, yes, absolutely we use teflon. However, from a legal point of view, only teflon made by Dupont is allowed to be called 'Teflon', because that word is a registered trademark of Dupont. The nonstick surface on our pans is just the same, though, except for the name and the diamonds we add."

• yatyat
    17 years ago

i came across this article when i was looking at swiss diamond online:

http://www.newstarget.com/021059.html

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!