Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosie_gw

All-Clad warranty problems?

rosie
19 years ago

Good afternoon. My husband's e-mailed the company twice at their site about getting a small saucepan replaced as we recently noticed the layers of metal have separated a bit near the handle. We've reviewed the warranty, which seems as generous as anyone reasonably could want; however, the company has not answered either query sent over the past month. Is this normal for them? We've had All-Clad for years and loved it, and this is the first time we've needed to contact them.

Comments (15)

• deanb
    19 years ago

I'm surprised that you've had a problem with All-Clad customer service. I suggest you get a phone number and talk to a human being. If you have trouble finding a number for their customer service then call any net retailer that carries All-Clad, they usually have the customer service #'s.

• mccall
    17 years ago

I know this is a very old thread but I would love to know how it turned out.

• gardenlad
    17 years ago

Probably not well, if my experience is typical. Multiple attempts to contact All Clad were ignored. And their so-called customer service 800 number is impossible to use. Numerous choices, none of which applied.

Far as I'm concerned, All Clad has no customer service, and I'll never buy another thing they make.

A warrenty is only as good as the company that issues it. And All Clad's stinks.

• liz_h
    17 years ago

I'm not the OP, but my one experience with All-Clad warranty was great. I returned the pans and they were promptly replaced. The only problem was that they had gotten slightly warped and weren't totally flat, which caused problems on my old range.

• rosie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My goodness, I'd forgotten all about this thread and was really surprised to see these three posts in my e-mail. McCall, the outcome was mixed, partly because I left it that way. That is, when I did call the number Spewey provided, the rep asked us (with a lack of graciousness I still remember) to send them the pot so they could inspect the damage, which was bothersome but not really unreasonable, so we did. That satisfied them, but when the replacement came, it was the wrong pot--a wide, shallow 2-quart saute, instead of my very frequently used little 2-quart saucepan. Though my husband wanted to return it, I decided I'd had enough aggravation and would make that one do, but it turns out I seldom use it. I do still love my All-Clad, though. Thank goodness it holds up so well. Happy 2007, everyone.

• PRO
    Right Home Consulting LLC
    7 years ago

I have thousands of dollars worth of All-Clad cookware and when my non-stick (NS) surfaces crapped out I contacted the company. They gave me an RA number and sent a free shipping label. So far, so good. Because I had the original LTD exterior finish, and it is now just sold through Williams Sonoma, they said they would call with replacement options. I sent three pans, all LTD/NS. They were 8 and 10 inch fry pans and the square griddle. A couple weeks go by and I receive one 8 inch fry pan, with SS finish and brushed SS exterior. I just called the company to see what my options were for the as yet undelivered replacements. They said they had only received two pans, and that the remaining replacement would be SS with brushed SS exterior, also that it was packed and ready to be picked up by UPS. When I asked it they would supply me with a pan I could actually use, they said I had asked specifically for SS finish. So beware, "comparable" replacements may be pans that don't match your originals, may disappear due to "new math" and don't keep eggs from sticking...This kind of service is not becoming of a company that sells very expensive cookware to serious cooks.

• 456victoria
    7 years ago

Has anybody had luck contacting them at their 8002552523 number recently? I've been trying for weeks and it just puts you through a torterous automation queue that finally reads the 'warranty' then disconnects you. I've never reached a person and sent several emails with nothing but, "thank you we've received your email" message.

• friedajune
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

456Victoria - Not sure what issue you've been having (for weeks??). Dial that number, hit "1" for All Clad, then hit "5" at the menu prompt to reach a representative. I just tried it. Took 30 seconds from the time I dialed to get to a live person (at 1:00 pm central time). I apologized to the nice representative for calling without having an actual problem.

• Carol Ehrman
    4 years ago

You are fortunate. I had issues with my All Clad LTD and non stick, set of 11 pieces. When I dealt with the warranty department, I was told that I used high heat, used abrasive cleaners, and must have put them in the dishwasher. Seriously? I have NEVER put my All Clad in the dishwasher, or used abrasive agents. That is Anodized and Non- stick 101. We had the rep on Speaker phone, and my husband I were really unimpressed and actually put off by the warranty representative, who seemed like she could not care less about my investment . Our take from this warranty experience: 1). Put no trust in their warranty. 2). The warranty does not cover the “life” of the pans nor the original purchaser. 3). all clad warranty department will use any excuse and put all blame on the buyer.

The following photos show the bottom wear and exposed aluminum from the what the warranty department claims is the apparent “wear and tear” of use. Interior photo shows apparent knicks and discoloration of non-stick surface. I was told that I must have overheated the pan or used abrasive cleaners.

Our recommendation would be to NOT purchase the LTD Anodized surface products, or the Non stick pans.

• Rachel Rambo
    3 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them and I'm not sure where else to post about this... but here goes...

Currently, a lot of companies have minimized their staff as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, so customer service is virtually non-existent. Anyway, I purchased a set of HA1 Non Stick 8" and 10" pans several years ago and the pans started to warp and the non-stick coating began to degrade. I reviewed the warranty information for the pans and contacted All Clad to begin a claim to replace/refurbish these pans. Everyone was nice enough up to this point. I noticed that I couldn't purchase another set anywhere, which I would have happily done instead of going the warranty route. In any case, I carefully packed my pans (bubble wrap, dividers, the whole 9) closed up the box and dropped it off at my local UPS store. About 2 weeks later I receive an email from All-Clad that says:

"Thank you for your email via https://www.all-clad.com.

We received your package but the all clad cookware was not in the package. There was soap in the box.

Please send the cookware in for warranty evaluation."

To which I replied:

"That’s absolutely not possible. I packed the pans and dropped them at my local UPS store, personally. There were 2 nonstick all-clad frying pans. Items: HA1 Non-Stick 2 Pack Fry Pan (E785S264).They were packed with paper and bubble wrap between and around the pans.

I am extremely concerned and I do not find this amusing at all. The tracking information shows they were received at your facility on 6/4 by Hoffman.

Please advise further information."

I asked for photos to support this claim because this was 100% not possible unless the package was tampered with after I dropped it at UPS as there would be clear indicators of tampering.

To which they replied:

"Thank you for your email via https://www.all-clad.com.

We have photos of the box and packaging label that is on your box. The contents were boxes of soap. The only thing we can suggest is possibly there was a mix-up at the UPS Store. As a one time courtesy, we will go ahead and replace your HA1 2 Pack of Non-Stick Fry Pans. Thank you!"

The customer service reps have never supplied the photos requested and still have not replaced the pans as indicated. I'm so incredibly disappointed by their customer service for a warranty claim. I would never in a million lifetimes make a false warranty claim against any company, let alone one I regarded and recommended so highly.

TLDR; I sent pans to be replaced refurbished under warranty. They said I sent soap. They said they will replace the pans as a one-time courtesy. Still no pans. I am heartbroken.

• HU-69698413
    3 years ago

I had a similar problem with a 3 quart saucepan from the same line. They refused to replace it and said I had used harsh chemicals on the outside of the pan, which or course, I have not. They offered to sell me a new one from a different line at a "discount", however, they never told me how much the new pan would be and have not responded to my emails. They mentioned that they have discontinued the line, which I am not surprised as it seems as there were many defects. I was shocked they wouldn't honor the lifetime guarantee. I will not buy All Clad again, I'd rather spend the money on Demeyere going forward.

• viz123
    3 years ago

I have issues with food sticking to my less than a year old 8 and 10 inch non-stick pans that came with a life warranty. I sent the photos and after a couple of follow-up emails, I got the standard email response stating that they could not make a determination from the pictures and want me to ship the the pans. I am fixing to send them in as asked. I will keep you posted!

• Rachel Rambo
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Update! After a lengthy wait and a few more emails I received my replacements. The nonstick on the new pans is already starting to not be very non-stick which makes me weary of using them so I'm leaning on a kitchenaid non-stick pan for eggs only.

Our final email exchange ended with me chastising the company and telling them I would not recommend, gift, or purchase their products in the future because of this experience. I informed them it was unconscionable for a company of their rapport to falsely accuse their long-time customer of sending soap in lieu of replacement pans. The replacement pans showed up about 3 weeks later. No note. No apology. Not even an attempt at clarification. Oh well. I still love the rest of my All-Clad cookware, but I definitely won't be purchasing anything from their non-stick line in the future.

• Michael Keleher
    2 years ago

My All-Clad warranty disavowal is about the vinyl coated (or whatever) racks that came with my large LTD roasting pan. They have been rusting underneath and flaking off the coating. They sent me a shipping label to send them in, then returned them denying that they were All-Clad products. Either All-Clad or Williams-Sonoma are doing something shifty.