Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
De Buyer opinions requested

Posted by chexi (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 14:41

Dear fellow forum members,

I am looking to upgrade my cookware from a hodge podge set of non-matching pieces. I do not mind not having non-stick (I have some Analon for that). I am looking for something that browns extremely well, reduces well, transfers heat evenly, holds up for a lifetime, can go in a very hot oven, etc. I am interested in the De Buyer stainless and possibly copper with stainless interior lines. If anyone has any experience with De Buyer cookware, please post your impressions.

I'll start with the only thing I can say so far. I have the De Buyer all-in-one double boiler (from Williams Sonoma). I really like it a lot. It melts chocolate like a dream (which is all I have used it for so far). It's interior has a mirror finish, and the melted chocolate comes off oh so easily with a spatula. My only beef with it is that when trying to scoop out the melted chocolate, the trapped water can sometimes trickle out if I invert the double boiler. This could be a very big deal as water can ruin melted chocolate. I have become more careful in the process and avoided the problem, but I do need to take care in doing so. If I could change anything about it, I would have the water cover seal better.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: De Buyer opinions requested

I am looking for something that browns extremely well, reduces well, transfers heat evenly, holds up for a lifetime, can go in a very hot oven, etc. >>>
You just described the cookware made by Le Cruset, Staub and a few others.
Linda C

o

De Buyer is World cuisine I beleive,atleast they look almost identical. I recently purchased 4 of their carbone plus pans and I think for the money they can't be beat. Of course there not SS but they do fit all the rest of your requirements. For the cost of 1 Demeyere SS apollo pan I bought 4 De Buyers.

Here's a post I started last week on De Buyer carbone plus

Here is a link that might be useful: Carbone Plus

o

De Buyer makes a stainless steel line. Chef's Catalog carries it. I haven't used it, but it looks nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here