Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chexi

De Buyer opinions requested

chexi
17 years ago

Dear fellow forum members,

I am looking to upgrade my cookware from a hodge podge set of non-matching pieces. I do not mind not having non-stick (I have some Analon for that). I am looking for something that browns extremely well, reduces well, transfers heat evenly, holds up for a lifetime, can go in a very hot oven, etc. I am interested in the De Buyer stainless and possibly copper with stainless interior lines. If anyone has any experience with De Buyer cookware, please post your impressions.

I'll start with the only thing I can say so far. I have the De Buyer all-in-one double boiler (from Williams Sonoma). I really like it a lot. It melts chocolate like a dream (which is all I have used it for so far). It's interior has a mirror finish, and the melted chocolate comes off oh so easily with a spatula. My only beef with it is that when trying to scoop out the melted chocolate, the trapped water can sometimes trickle out if I invert the double boiler. This could be a very big deal as water can ruin melted chocolate. I have become more careful in the process and avoided the problem, but I do need to take care in doing so. If I could change anything about it, I would have the water cover seal better.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH