Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you protect your frying pans when stacking?

Posted by Marie26 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 05 at 14:33

I purchased new teflon frying pans from the restaurant supply store and was wondering how I should protect the surfaces when I stack them in the cupboard.

Do they need to be protected?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you protect your frying pans when stacking?

Yes they should be protected if you stack them. If you're careful and gentle when you stack them a paper towel is enough. If you're not so careful I'd recommend you use a kitchen towel.

o

I use a large heavy duty paper plate which works great. When I am not using it, it stays in the cupboard -- then gets put back again. I'm still on my first one. The great thing about a paper plate is that it is exactly the right size and shape -- I used a very large white cardboard plate.

o

I have a stainless steel frying rack that I got from TJMaxx. It allows me to store 6 frying pans vertically. Another benefit besides not scratching is they are easier to take out of the cabinet since they aren't stacked.

o

Yes, like Mustangs, my pans are also stored vertically. You can get the rack to put in a cabinet or drawer and line the pans up. They are so easy to store and grab, I'm wondering why we haven't been doing this for years! I got mine at Organized Living.

o

I use squares of bubble wrap....the kind with the small bubbles.
Linda C

o

Anther method: Use disks of cardboard cut from boxes (like the ones the pans came in). This has worked for us for some time now (being short of storage space!) Steve

o

I just use pieces of shelf liner. It works great.

o

For lack of enough room (who doesn't need more room...LOL), my pots and pans are housed in deep cookware
drawers, sometimes stacked inside each other out of necessity. I cut squares of cushioned shelf liner to put in between the frying pans. I only have one non-stick frying pan, but I use the squares to protect any cookware that sits inside another one. The shelf liner is cushioned, washable and re-usable.

o

We too have just one non-stick skillet. We are careful to store it on top of the stack.

o

I sometimes keep the protective wrapper the pan came in, if it is fitted. I also use flannel rounds. For my long griddle which I store in the bottom of a drawer under large stockpots, I cut out a piece of cardboard to fit into it to keep it from scratching.

o

I had left over pieces from the cupboard liner that I used (Cushy Cupboard). I cut circles for each pan. At the cost of pots and pans today, they need to be protected. I got my cupboard liner from www.cupboardliner.com. The service was great and fast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here