Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calphalon

Posted by laurenjay (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 14:24

What are the differences in Calphalons different cookware lines? There is Calphalon One, Simply Calphalon, Contemporary Calphalon, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calphalon

Unison is the newest top of the line. It is dishwasher safe anodized aluminum with nonstick interior. The nonstick is in 2 different versions: Slide is a smooth coating for pans like omelette pans and sauce pans; Sear is a rougher coating for pans like saute pans and grilles to encourage fond creation. It was originally only available at Williams Sonoma, I don't know if it is available at other stores now.

Calphalon One was prevously the top of the line and I believe is comparable in quality to Unison. It is anodized aluminum with a release polymer (nonstick ingredient) infused into the pan. It is available with anodized interior (original version) and nonstick versions. Original has steel lids and nonstick has glass lids. It is not dishwasher safe.

Contemporary is next lower in line. It is aimed at style conscious cooks. It is available in 3 versions: stainless, nonstick stainless and nonstick anodized. It is noticeably lighter than C1 and I don't find its handles to be as comfortable.

Tri-Ply is next in line. It is available in Stainless and Copper. The copper version is really triply with a thin copper exterior coating, similar to All-Clad Cop-R-Chef, and is mostly for appearance, not superior cooking performance. It is basic good quality cookware.

Simply Calphalon is cheaper cookware. The steel version has a disk bottom, not triply. Cooking with Calphalon and Kitchen Essentials are also lower cost cookware. I'm not sure how these 3 compare but they are definitely than the first four types above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here